FG: Galactic Overlord VI: Resistance is futile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
    Seething with anger, Sparrowhawk devised a plan of attack. The aim was to quickly punish the Kazon for their treachery and satisfy his lust for revenge. He lacked sufficient forces to carry out his ambitious plans however. The Trabe were weak and the Kazon were strong. So Sparrowhawk invited the Pralor AU leader SC to convince him to support the risky enterprise.

When SC arrived, Sparrowhawk quickly explained the details of his plan. SC immediately saw several major flaws in Sparrowhawk’s plan and rejected it promptly. He also noticed Sparrowhawk was emotionally unbalanced, so he tried to calm him. Eventually he succeeded and the attack was postponed for later date. A sound decision after all, not an irrational one governed by hate.
    Just so I am clear on what just happened.....

The Trabe are emotionaly unbalanced and the Pralor automated units are the clear and rational thinkers?

The Trabe wanted to attack and the Pralor called off the attack?

The former leader of the Trabe (Geo) left me his empire to rule in his absence?

(in case I am not being clear, the above posts are meant in mockery of my own earlier rant , and not meant as serious questions, though I think that Spaced and his Pralor Units were just as "upset" read: as the Trabe were, not sure who was the rational mind that decided not to attack ).

I now realize that like the game of Nuclear War (and Gladiator ), peace is the path to victory.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Comment

• The Dominion will pay for this unprovoked aggression.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• The dominion sent an emissary to see how informant Theben wanted to play the endgame in this conflict, but received no substantive response. We were thus forced to assume you harboured ill intent towards our peace loving nation.

Comment

• 1st of all, his Imperial Highness Theben of the supreme Kazon Empire is gravely offended by the notion that he or any of his subordinates had passed along sensitive information about their (former) allies plans. He points to the record of the Dominion in spreading disinformation and fomenting distrust amongst others in order to divide and destroy free peoples and lack of substantive proof of the allegations presented against us. In addition, we received undeniable verification of an imminent attack by Dominion forces regardless of your overtures of 'cooperation'. We had hoped the misunderstanding between our nations could be resolved peacefully, but took the necessary steps to thwart any acts of piracy and barbarism in our territory by rogue powers.
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Comment

• Sorry for not warning you about my suspicions regarding Theben, Sparrowhawk...
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• A-HA!! You didn't trust me all along! Traitors!!

Comment

• /me trusted all allies......too completely it seems

Though Ljube's cryptic messages about the allies failure to attack as a alliance (3 times...once we hit a shield, once we attacked a deserted base, and once we got creamed by DrSpike) had me very confused (and I still am) about what we were doing wrong......perhaps one member of the alliance was a sabatour from the beginning?

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• It's usual to blame Skanky.

Comment

• Except I wasn't involved in the 1st attack, so don't blame me... although come to think of it,

If two different opponents attack at the same time without informing the GM of their alliance, then the defender must fight them consecutively, fighting first against the one who posted their orders last.

Perhaps your so-called 'ally' purposely screwed up and made certain he posted 1st... so that you and I would soften up DrSpike while absorping all the damage, and then his fleet could fly in and destroy the remenants. Then he could say, "oops, I did it again!" even though after x number of attempts you'd think he'd have the concept down by now.

Comment

• Hehe, stirrer.

Comment

• Who, me?

Comment

• Sent. I'll be away for the next 2 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                                Hehe, stirrer.
                                Irony.
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X