No announcement yet.

FG: Gladiator VI - The Unbearable Lightness of Fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kassi, please update the game. No need for stories, a simple I lost or I won will suffice.

Comment

• You'll see why I've been lagging. Oh, you'll see:

Final Battle, leg 3

Where we left off: Commodus at 33 HP, Drogue at 28 HP.

Segment 1: Commodus strike at Drogue for 14 HP of damage. Drogue does no damage. Drogue at 14, Commodus at 33.

Segment 2: Commodus strikes again at Drogue for 14 HP damage - but at the same time, Drogue manages to strike Commodus for exactly 33 points of damage.

We have a double KO, gentlemen. My take on this has been that I'll give you both 100 HP, in other words, we'll redo the final battle - but if you both agree to splitting the victory, I am fine with that too.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Personally, I think a draw is a draw, in game terms. In realism terms, we're now both dead, and thus I'd suggest the RP would be something like the prize money is split between our families, and we're declared joint winners.

Nice ending btw, I should have gone for the big hit first, by the looks of things.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• I don't accept joint wins so I suggest Drouge and I be declared joint losers.
          Thus Gladiator 6 would end without a winner.

Let's start a new game.

Comment

• Then let it be so. I declare that both finalists are killed in the course of the battle and the prize is shared between their next of kin. Gladiator VI has come to an end without a winner; I'll open up the signup for number 6 soonish.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Joint wins are silly for this game as Ljube says. However, no win seems a little harsh. A replay is arguably the best outcome.

Comment

• I'm not going to make them redo it all over again if they are fine with the current result.

Comment

• I guarantee if given a choice between no win and a replay Drogue will choose the replay.

Comment

• I thought (well, interpreted that) he already made that choice. We shall see when he returns online.

Comment

• No, he cowardly tried to take the draw as he has no time.

Since that option is not being considered he will opt for the replay. I would too.

Comment

• Ey? What's the difference between a joint win and a joint lose? Dare I call semantics? Either way, it's a double KO, and replaying would be unrealistic and of little point, IMHO
                        Smile

Comment

• Ok you both lose - there is no champion.

For what it's worth I don't care about realism in a game. It's a little unfair on double KOers to both lose, which is why the precedent is to replay.

But whatever, see you in the new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                            For what it's worth I don't care about realism in a game.
                            Ahh, that's where we differ. If something can't be RPed realistically, I find it hard to imagine how the game works. Thinking of it as a real thing tends to make things more fun, IMHO. For instance, I'd enjoy SMAC a lot less without the RPing in the game, or if the RPing was unbelievable.

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            It's a little unfair on double KOers to both lose, which is why the precedent is to replay.
                            I don't understand what's unfair. Whether it's a double win, double lose, double KO or whatever it's called, it's the same thing, and the only benefit of getting further/winning in the competition being pride means what it's classed as would make no difference. Unless there is another benefit?
                            Smile

Comment

• There can be only one winner of the tournament. Or no winner if all contestants are dead.

So, we're not winners this time. Perhaps next time. Sorry Theben, you lost your 100 spam $. I failed you.

Comment

Working...
                              X