No announcement yet.

Fable: It's Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is why my original reply mentioned how I would of had to of bought 4 or 5 consoles in the time that I have had this computer to keep up with the games.

So you can play Doom 3 on your 10 year old computer? Hell, the graphics card to play that costs more than an X-Box these days.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
      Which is why my original reply mentioned how I would of had to of bought 4 or 5 consoles in the time that I have had this computer to keep up with the games. And still be left out on all the other things a computer provides.
      What dimension do you live in?

PCs need to be upgraded every ~2 years if you want to play 3D games on them. Those upgrades alone are more expensive than a game console, which alone lasts ~5 years...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Your argument comes down to game selection.

$200 internet computer + $149 console is unquestionably the best gaming value.

Gaming on a PC, hardware-wise, is unquestionably far more expensive.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've been playing a little and so far the game is decent. I have a few random observations.

I haven't been able to get my character as fat as I would like, though he is listed as obese.

It's funny that you can hit on guys, and they like it.

Graphics are nice, but not special.

The targeting system is messed up. I end up targeting allies way to often, and sometimes it just targets nothing, even though a guy is lit up red.

The left hand quick menu is equally annoying because it changes what's in it all the time, except for the four things you can bind.

Back to targeting... the game also is to stupid to realize that I didn't want to give that beer to someone else, I wanted it for me.

Speaking of beer, getting drunk is awesome. I'm only a light drinker so far (91 beers, 13 vomits in 3 hours of play) but my goal is raging alcoholic.

Demon doors are cool.

Kicking decapitated heads around rules.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

2001 Xbox launched, 2005-2006 is when Xbox2 is launching.

And the Xbox is $149 every 4-5 years, then.
            Hmm, I'm not getting into this debate, but the X-box was just slightly more expensice when it launhed IIRC.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

its sucks major donkey dookie living on the ass end of the pimple sticking three feet out from the ass end of the world. Shipping can takes weeks sometimes.

Comment

The last time I checked, you couldn't get a decent gaming computer system for less than 2000$, not in Canada at least.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

2000$ US or Canuck money? You can have a more than decent system wuth 2000 units of real money.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Damn, does anyone care to even talk about the game?

Playing games on a computer is MORE EXPENSIVE than playing on a console. At the same time, PCs are more powerful. Anyone who says their PC is cheaper than buying a console, even brand new at $300 bucks once every 4 years, has some old POS PC that couldn't run crap. That is the bottom line.
                    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                      2000$ US or Canuck money? You can have a more than decent system wuth 2000 units of real money.
                      Canuck money, of course. I'm talking about a gaming computer here, a computer that can handle Doom 3 or Half-life 2 satisfactorily.

Busta's right, back to topic.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I paid $1800 Canadian two and a half years ago for the computer I'm using right now. (that doesn't include the monitor)

And it should be able to run Doom 3, although I haven't tried.

Of course not, it's a console game.
                        Last edited by General Ludd; September 18, 2004, 15:42.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Since I have an old laptop, I would have to buy a complete system, monitor included. That explains in part the 2k $ price tag...

Comment

I would, if I had it. I will, when I have it.

Comment

This game sounds like a lot of fun. Somebody donate their copy of the game and Xbox to me.

Comment

I've found that in Fable, marrying and then killing your wife can be quite profitable and easy to do .

I am mad that you can't be fatter though. The game says I'm obese, but I don't really look it.

Comment

Working...
                                X