No announcement yet.

FG: Society IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received 3/5 orders so far, I am planning on processing the turn at around 22:00 hours my time (about 8 1/2 hours from now) if all the orders are in by then.

I hope we have resolved the revolution by then, as very soon I suspect we are going to start into revolutions.

Smiley's (or whoever's) suggestion of 1/2 tax income in addition to one phase of production works for me. Hopefully there is a consensus by the time I return.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

sent
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Sent!

Comment

Re: 1000 bc

1 AD
          Turn #5

Trade...and more trade!
          Code:
          From	                Cost	Revenue	To        Revenue
          Smiley (3 caravans)	27	60	Jonny	60
          Smiley (2 caravans)	18	40	Whoha	40

Spaced (4 caravans)	32	64	Gamecube	64

Jonny (2 Caravans)	16	32	Spaced	32
          Jonny (1 Caravans)	9	20	Smiley	20
          Jonny (1 Caravans)	8	16	Whoha	16
          You say you want a revolution?
          Being disappointed with their Despot's descision to construct the Acropolis in 1000 BC, the people of the Land of Cubium cubed their Despot Gamecube and elected his descendant Gamecube64 to the role of their first Consul of the new republic.

Cities
          Procreation has resulted in massive overcrowding in the Societes, neccessitating the addition of 2 more cities in the Most Evil Empire, 3 more cities in the Land of the Dudes, and 3 new cities also in the Paragon of Empire.

Science
          The land of focuses on maintaining their technological superiority this turn and add the knowledge of Religion to enlighten their people about themselves, the knowledge of Espionage to enlighten their people about other societies and Industrialization to just plain lighten their cities. Both the land of the Dudes and the Paragon of Empire embark on identical research projects and discover Geography and Religion. The Most Evil Empire is content to just locate those sharing the planet with them and discover Geography.

Wonders
          The Land of with the majority of its citizens now worshipping the Horse that appeared in their land several millenia earlier, proclaim a religious Jihad in honour of their Horse God.

Military
          Conscripts were the order of the day with new armies being enlisted in , the Paragon of Empire, the Land of the Dudes and in the Most Evil Empire.

Code:
          Society Cities Tech Army Nukes/SDI SS Parts Gold
          Spaced Cowboy - Despotism 10 6 9 0/0 0 214
          :) Smiley - Despotism 6 8 18 0/0 0 324
          Jonny - Despotism 6 6 15 0/0 0 244
          Whoha - Despotism 7 5 16 0/0 0 207
          Gamecube64 - Republic 3 4 0 0/0 0 268
          Wonders of the World
          The Smiles High Tower (E2)
          The Cubic Colosseum (B7)
          The Trojan Horse of (E3)
          The Cubium Acropolis (C7)
          The of Jihad (E4)

Cost of Tech 5 (Geography) is now 4 Gold
          Cost of Tech 6 (Religion) is now 13 Gold
          Cost of Tech 7 (Espionage) is now 42 Gold
          Cost of Tech 8 (Industrialization is now 68 Gold

Note to players, lacking any direction on revolutions with the exception of the discussion with Smiley, I decided that you all were okay with my call on this one . As it should be obvious, Gamecube revolted to Republic (Acropolis) on this turn, and I determined from the discussion to allow him one phase of production and to generate Tax Revenue (halved). Gamecube did not provide direction on what phase of production he wished to pursue so I allowed his Tax Income to be full (not halved) as a default. Let me know if anyone disagrees with this decision and we will discuss it in game. In the future, please indicate in your revolution year what phase of production you would like to enact or I will default it to tax production.
          Last edited by Sparrowhawk; September 6, 2004, 02:42.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Map of 1 AD

The bmp:
            Attached Files

Comment

jpg:
              Attached Files

Comment

sent.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Haha, Jonny's cities are in the pattern of an upside-down cross... is he suggesting something?

sent.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Sent.

Comment

3/5 in, just waiting on the Republican and the Religious Fundamentalist....oh wait, I am repeating myself

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                        3/5 in, just waiting on the Republican and the Religious Fundamentalist....oh wait, I am repeating myself
                        Yes, you are repeating yourself.

Besides, I style myself as more of a Libertarian, not a fundamentalist.

In other words, Orders Sent.

Comment

I would like to say that the clock is ticking on Gamecube, but I didn't finish last nights turn until well after midnight my time, and to give him the full 24 hours means waiting up until well after midnight again.......I don't like the thought of going to work tomorrow after processing that turn........so unless he gets his orders in within the next hour or so the turn will be processed tomorrow (Tuesday) at around supper time my time (approx. 20 hours from now).

Comment

Sent.
                            Yesterday was Labor Day.
                            I changed my signature

Comment

Re: Re: 1000 bc

500 AD
                              Turn #6

Market Day in Society
                              Today the Dudes sent some rusted Spike's to Gamecube, while split their Sandman toast between the Paragon of Empire and the Dudes. The Paragon of Empire meanwhile decided the Dudes were most deserving of their Skanky Wine, but also sent some to and the most Evil Empire. The Cubium's sent their entire supply of roasted Theben to

Code:
                              From	                Cost	Revenue	To            Revenue
                              Spaced (6 caravans)	60	144	Gamecube	288

Smiley (4 caravans)   	56	192	Jonny	     192
                              Smiley (4 caravans)  	56	192	Spaced	     192

Jonny (4 Caravans)      48	144	Spaced     	144
                              Jonny (1 Caravans)	14	48	Smiley	     48
                              Jonny (1 Caravans)  	11	30	Whoha	     30

Gamecube (4 Caravans)	48	256	Smiley	     128
                              Government
                              Waiting to see the results of Cubium being in a new "Republic" the other leaders waited anxiously to see if they continued to hold their people in thrall of their magnificence or if their would be hopeful of keeping their head attached to their bodies.

Infinite Cubium Sleaze
                              In the most massive land grab to date, the Republic of Cubium settled 9 new cities and laughed at the meager efforts of the Despot of the Paragon of Empire to add 5 new cities and the both chuckled together at the single new city in each of and the Most Evil Empire.

Science
                              Not content to continue to lead a of Idiots, the Despot of directed that Representative Government and Mass Education be sought and added to the minds of the populace. The Dudes, seeing the value of representative government for themselves also sought this knowledge to go with their newly acquired research of Espionage and Industrialization. In the Paragon of Empire, Industrialization was their final goal but they were happy to discover that with Industrialization, you must first espy Espionage. Most Evil Empires spurn the lesser knowledges, but in this case, the knowledge of Espionage was too great a lure, and coupled with their Most Evil Religion, they figured their science was unbeatable. The Cubiums continued to lag in science and had to be content to discover not only where their neighbours were (Geography) but what they Hell they meant by Religion .

Well I Wonder, Wonder, Wonder, who...who will build a Wonder this turn?
                              The Paragon of Empire joins the Wonder fun with a Mafia forming in their midst. Paragonians were later heard to ask...why did we encourage this again?

Meanwhile, has been busy working on the Railroad, and with the Golden Spike completed work on a project that will enable the construction of cities wherever they wish.

Military
                              As borders were formed between the various Societies, many new armies were constripted in all Societies. In an unusual effort to keep armies content, the Despot of ordered that all armies, new and old be provided with marijuana and told that they would very soon be making and ....

Code:
                              Society Cities Tech Army Nukes/SDI SS Parts Gold
                              Spaced Cowboy - Despotism 10 9 14 0/0 0 613
                              :) Smiley - Despotism 7 10 33 0/0 0 576
                              Jonny - Despotism 11 8 25 0/0 0 487
                              Whoha - Despotism 8 7 23 0/0 0 319
                              Gamecube64 - Republic 12 6 19 0/0 0 1166
                              Wonders of the World
                              The Smiles High Tower (E2)
                              The Cubic Colosseum (B7)
                              The Trojan Horse of (E3)
                              The Cubium Acropolis (C7)
                              The of Jihad (E4)
                              The Mafia of Paragon of Empire (H2)
                              The Trans-siberian Railroad of

Future Techs
                              Cost of Tech 7 (Espionage) is now 11 Gold
                              Cost of Tech 8 (Industrialization) is now 34 Gold
                              Cost of Tech 9 (Representative Government) is now 82 Gold
                              Cost of Tech 10 (Mass Education) is now 176 Gold
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Sparrowhawk; September 7, 2004, 19:57.

Comment

by the way.....in my world......it's Labour Day
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X