No announcement yet.

FG: Society IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a gentle bump to make sure this stays on the first page.

Orders Received:
    Whoha
    Smiley

Orders Needed :
    Jonny
    Spaced Cowboy
    Gamecube

Societies Named:
    Gamecube's Land of Cubium
    Smiley's Land of
    Spaced Cowboy's Land of The Dudes
    Jonny's The Paragon of Empire
    Whoha's Most Evil Empire(tm)
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

sorry, missed this thread this morning...orders are in.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I sent mine.
        I changed my signature

Comment

No problem Spaced, I did the bump just as a reminder in case anyone missed it, but no need to apologize, we are still waiting on Jonny (who still has a couple of hours before the 24 hours is up).

On that note, how does everyone feel about weekend rules? I have more computer time on weekends then during the week usually but if the players don't I am happy holding off on weekend play. What say you all?
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'll do whatever you guys want to do.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I'm for weekend rounds, when I got more time.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Orders coming in a minute...

Oh, and to playing on weekends.

EDIT: Orders are now in.

Comment

2000 bc
                  Turn #3

Expansion continues to be the order of the day
                  More cities added as the Societies go for a land grab while the land is still available.
                  Smiley built a city to the South, Gamecube and Spaced Cowboy each built 2 cities to the east.

Smiley now understands what his designers meant when they spoke of "floorplans".
                  Smiley takes the tech lead by developing architecture while the rest of the societies use the cheap tech prices to catch up as all societies now have discovered "Iron Working" and 4/5 Societies now have Monarchy.

Will wonders never cease?
                  A mysterious Horse has arrived in the Land of and while we do not yet know what this arrival will portend, it is widely suspected that we will soon find out.

We can't have a war without armies can we?
                  After 2000 years of hinting at the prospect, the God of all Societies (Sparrowhawk ) was rewarded with the conscription of armies by two of the Societies , Whoha and Jonny. The peasants were not so pleased . However it was still a peaceful time with no tensions between any of the Societies.

Code:
                  Society Cities Tech Army Nukes/SDI SS Parts Gold
                  Spaced Cowboy 4 3 0 0/0 0 61
                  :) Smiley 3 4 0 0/0 0 76
                  Jonny 3 3 3 0/0 0 45
                  Whoha 3 2 7 0/0 0 30
                  Gamecube64 3 3 0 0/0 0 45
                  Wonders of the World
                  The Smiles High Tower (E2)
                  The Cubic Colosseum (B7)
                  The Trojan Horse of (E3)

Cost of Tech 3 (Monarchy) is now 2 Gold
                  Cost of Tech 4 (Architecture) is now 10 Gold

Edit:
                  Updated the map, hopefully it looks a little better
                  Edited again, and hopefully putting the first one back in
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sparrowhawk; September 2, 2004, 00:23.

Comment

Relax everyone, the horse is just a prop for the 's next tour.

Sent.
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Proof that Sparrowhawk is no artist

2nd attempt at revising the map:

Should have left it as it was originally as now the attachment is not displaying, maybe the bmp file is too big to display?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sparrowhawk; September 2, 2004, 00:31.

Comment

I would go for using a GIF instead of a JPG.

Comment

I tried that and got a message when I tried to save it that I would lose the colours (and I tried saving anyway and the colours were distorted).

The second map is a bmp and looks much better in my opinion but for some reason the attachment is not displayed.

Comment

sparrow, I wanted to build at D3 first with C4 as the alternate (in case Smiley built on D3).

Comment

I was confused by your orders, your first city is where you wanted it (c3), your second city you wanted at (d4) but that would not have resulted in a connected city.

This is from your PM:
                              city #3 at c3
                              city #4 at d4 (alt c4)
                              So when I placed your first city at c3, I couldn't place the second at d4 and went with the alternate.

However, if you meant d3 and not d4 I could change that when I get home I suppose (assuming no one objects), just no opportunity right now at work .

Comment

That is what I meant, but since I'm an idiot, the current placement is okay. I just wanted to be able to trade with Smiley, and I can do that from one space anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X