Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FG: Nuclear War XV: Don't get MAD, get even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent

Edited to add question:

Is there any way to clarify the "stockpiled nukes" portion?

Here is how it reads now:
    Stockpile Nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.
    The first sentence is clear, but it goes downhill from there for me. The second sentence, "you can't stockpile stockpiled nukes" makes sense to me until I read the next sentence and "you don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn". These two statements seem contradictory to me. And the last sentence I don't understand at all. If you nuke someone and use your nukes to do so, how do you also keep your stockpiled nukes?

Sorry for the newbie question, as I stated when I signed up for this one, of the Forum Games, this is perhaps the one I have followed the least up until now, and while I went back are read the previous two games to get an understanding, I still don't get it
    Last edited by Sparrowhawk; August 13, 2004, 11:39.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Basically you can only have 4 nukes ready to fire. Stockpiling gives you 2 more extra ones. You start with 2. You can fire any number up to 4. So if you fire all 4, you have 2 non-stockpiled ones next turn. If you fire three, you'll have three next turn. If you fire 2 you'll have 4 (not considered using the stockpile). Same if you fire just one (probably will never happen).
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

So can you have 4 nukes at the end of a turn, not use them for 2 turns, launch 4 nukes at someone on the following turn and still have 2 nukes at the end of your turn?
        (If I understand this all now, the above should be possible, but I am not sure if I am missing something in the rules still)
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

You'd have 2 nukes at the beginning of your next turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            You'd have 2 nukes at the beginning of your next turn.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Think of it like this. You can only make 2 nukes a turn, you can only launch 4 nukes a turn, and you only have storage for 4 nukes at a time.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Kuci, confirming your answer, I was.

Still need orders from:
                    7. Loinburger -
                    8. Hercules -
                    9. Thizben -
                    11. Jonny -

Comment

Ah.

Comment

Orders sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                          So can you have 4 nukes at the end of a turn, not use them for 2 turns, launch 4 nukes at someone on the following turn and still have 2 nukes at the end of your turn?
                          (If I understand this all now, the above should be possible, but I am not sure if I am missing something in the rules still)
                          YOu have to send an order to STOCKPILE your nukes to get 4. Any other order will leave you with only 2 nukes to use. So if you builda spy, bunker or city... even though you don't use your nukes you will still only have 2 available next turn.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Orders sent Stockpile 20 nukes and 10 spies Did I make a mistake?
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Looks like all are in but Loinburger (assuming that Theebin sent his in when he posted his message above).

Comment

That may be a big assumption

Comment

Working...
                                X