No announcement yet.

Gaming Cliches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoy Civ games much more with a goal, and in comparison with other players. I guess I just have a little competitive streak.

Games without well defined goals are just a waste of space.

Comment

• Play the Sims.........everyone's a winner! What's the point of that? I can't pwn you.

:stir:

Comment

• If you really want to be competitive, then it is possible in almost all games... You can just make up your own goal! In e.g. The Sims the goal can be to have the most cash after x days, or be the player who reaches a certain job 'rank' fastest, or maybe the one who builds the best (you define best) house by simply building (cheating to get x cash, then the game begins)... it's all up to you
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I can also watch paint dry, and see if I can guess how long it will take. I can compete with others also watching paint dry, and there will be winners and deep strategy.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment

• How did I just know you would come with such response?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
              Play the Sims.........everyone's a winner! What's the point of that? I can't pwn you.

:stir:

any game where a significant portion of the players use words like pwn or l33t when playing is a waste of space.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• It's not the games that are at fault, just the players!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio
                  How did I just know you would come with such response?
                  Because playing the Sims is like watching paint dry?

Comment

• Wrong!!! 2 guesses remaining

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                      I enjoy Civ games much more with a goal, and in comparison with other players. I guess I just have a little competitive streak.

Games without well defined goals are just a waste of space.
                      I actually feel the same way. Yet I am willing to try 2 of the big 2 MMORPG's coming out this year. We'll see how I like them. But I kind of do like winning games

You could argue Diablo2 is a game you can't win (though you can). But you can continue playing after you "win" the game, and many people do.

Comment

• Sims is more interesting than I thought, couple days ago, someone showed me that you can get the sims to fight with each other if they hate each other sufficiently.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• In nearly every game I play, my character has a device that let's him reverse time, but he remembers everything that happened the first time. I'd just set it before any major events. If I die, I quickly reverse time and go back to when I set it. Now I know where the guards are, what they are doing, and what they are capable of without any cost to myself.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Are you talking about The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

I actually feel the same way. Yet I am willing to try 2 of the big 2 MMORPG's coming out this year. We'll see how I like them. But I kind of do like winning games

You could argue Diablo2 is a game you can't win (though you can). But you can continue playing after you "win" the game, and many people do.
                              Oh but although there is no 'winning' MMORPGs are very competitive. Anything MP is, except the Sims.

Comment

• the sims isn't MP- excpet that sim online thing I suppose. But that isn't really competitive. how is that shaping up? It wasn't very finished when they released it.

Comment

Working...
                                X