Gaming Cliches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns

I didn't say it was great. I merely stated that it existed. Much like your oft-mentioned wit.

Good to see you are learning.

Comment

• Space sim with newtonian physics = Independence War Series
      When the stars threw down their spears,
      and water'd heaven with their tears,
      Did he smile his work to see?
      Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

• How about a space sim that uses Einsteinian physics?
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• That we have all the threeletter abbreviations shows cliche at a much more fundamental level.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• True, true.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I always find myself battling multitudes of some form of giant rat in rpgs Christ it gets redundant!
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• ditto.

I long for the say that an RPG has no rats in it.

Perhaps that is what made KOTOR so good. No rats in it

Comment

• in BG1 the rats were just a joke, a reference to the gaming cliche I suppose, IIRC.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• I haven't fought any rats so far in NWN. Or are there super-tough rats that you can only fight at level 10?

Comment

• There are a few about, but they are weak.

Comment

• There's also wererats.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• I made some level 40 monk rats. Hehehe. Now they were funny to spawn on people They move like LIGHTNING Oh, and they have HUGE magic resistance. Cliches are good

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                            I haven't fought any rats so far in NWN. Or are there super-tough rats that you can only fight at level 10?
                            in the first expnasion- shadows of undrendtide there are some rats at the very beginning. no rats in the original though that I can think of. And none in Hordes of the underdark.

Comment

• ......RTS's, RPG's, FPS's......prety much the whole damn games industry and it gets worse as games become interactive movies and more influenced by holywood etc
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Game clichés! It's the acronyms that are becoming clichéd. (See post above for details)

I mean: MMORPG. How are you supposed to pronounce that? Why can't people just call them ordinary things?

Comment

Working...
                                X