Neverwinter Nights - The revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /me thinks "Cleric"

Actually a Dex-based Rogue/Wizard can hold her own in melee, perhaps better than a fighter if buffed properly with Greater Stoneskin etc...

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• that must be that ogre I saw.

I just started up as a female elf cleric who uses longbows. I'm level 4 now, real close to level 5.

the name is named that way so you know it's me. The name is Kyra Diss'tra.

I seem to be doing pretty good. But mostly high level people in the game today, so I went off on my own. I actually seemed to fair better than my barbarian/fighter going solo. Though that librarian master thingy was pretty tough. I died a couple of times trying to defeat him (I couldn't figure out the riddle).

Comment

• What riddle?

Comment

• Pale Master increases BaB and HP at the Wizard/Sorc rate, so you'll have to chuck in some levels of a class with moderate or warrior BaB to get that 3rd attack at level 20.

I find the Rogue/Wizard synergy works best, as the high INT means the Rogue can be a total skills whore. And I mean TOTAL. You can get nearly every skill cheap in one of the classes, and you get STACKS of skill points. Yes, you will max out appraise.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Yeah four levels of fighter and the wizard/pale master rules all. I've been meaning to try that undead lord build.

Comment

• Or four levels of Paly and Sorc/Palemaster is also SWEET

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                What riddle?
                actually it's more of a question than a riddle.

getting that first codex thing on the gobland in that city taken over by goblins. you go in the library, and then to the left you go through the door and use the jar with the burglar in it to unlock the door. The guardian asks a question about who wrote the codex or something. I wasn't sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                  Pale Master increases BaB and HP at the Wizard/Sorc rate, so you'll have to chuck in some levels of a class with moderate or warrior BaB to get that 3rd attack at level 20.

I find the Rogue/Wizard synergy works best, as the high INT means the Rogue can be a total skills whore. And I mean TOTAL. You can get nearly every skill cheap in one of the classes, and you get STACKS of skill points. Yes, you will max out appraise.

-Jam
                  If I recall correctly, the RDD's BAB progression is moderate. 16 levels of sorc/Pale and 4 of RDD gets 8+3=11 BaB.

And yes, the Rogue/Wiz combo is broken.
                  oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• *diss contemplates making rogue/wizard combo*

I fail to see how they are broken. They still don't have a lot of hitpoints. They will never be a melee powerhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                      that must be that ogre I saw.

I just started up as a female elf cleric who uses longbows. I'm level 4 now, real close to level 5.

the name is named that way so you know it's me. The name is Kyra Diss'tra.

I seem to be doing pretty good. But mostly high level people in the game today, so I went off on my own. I actually seemed to fair better than my barbarian/fighter going solo. Though that librarian master thingy was pretty tough. I died a couple of times trying to defeat him (I couldn't figure out the riddle).
                      I thought that was you........

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Jam, are you prepared to set Polyanna off as a rogue or a mage then?
                        If you reckon that all of these levels are so good then you may as well prove it to us with a couple of levels on our 'poly hero. I'll even let you choose her alignment.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one interested in doing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

actually it's more of a question than a riddle.

getting that first codex thing on the gobland in that city taken over by goblins. you go in the library, and then to the left you go through the door and use the jar with the burglar in it to unlock the door. The guardian asks a question about who wrote the codex or something. I wasn't sure.
                          Ah yeah I've been there. I don't know the answer either.

Comment

• Are you off work, or have you finally got yourself a DL to post for you while you're at work?

Comment

• Yeah, I'm off today.

Comment

• My rogue is fairly weak by comparison. She usually has to quests at a bit higher level than most characters, but I like the challenge. To compensate for her weakness in melee and complete lack of spells (other than a few trinkets she's picked up), she's uberstealthy and lethal with a long bow. Hide in plain sight is great (when it works ). She can sneak attack, hide, then sneak attack again. If she misses, she hides. If she gets too hurt, she hides until her troll ring heals her. She still may be a generally weak character, but I am having fun playing her.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X