No announcement yet.

Name the Game - Part 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cripes, the postage from the US is going to bankrupt you Vlad.

New game: Damn! I wanted to do Rainbow Island, but it seems that Kropotkin beat me to it.

1 A washed-up dead-beat, you have to try and get yourself back together and return to that for which you were famous. [/deliberately obscure for a famous game]

Comment

• Platforms? era?
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Not yet. We need some guesses first.

I said it was a famous game, and giving away too much too early would see me doing an unintentional 1942.

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
          Never played that one, wasn't project X sort of a shoot-em-up?
          mobygames link one of the best looking amiga shooters - and of course by Team17

and my guess is Pirates!? [in that i usualy ended up as a washed up dead beat on the streets of some town]
          Last edited by child of Thor; August 31, 2004, 06:00.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
            New game: Damn! I wanted to do Rainbow Island, but it seems that Kropotkin beat me to it.
            I did Rainbow Islands.

Comment

• The list doesn't tell you who set the questions, just who got them right.
              And both guesses so far are wrong.

2 I bought this game when I was working in France as part of my degree, and since my version is entirely in French, then I learned loads of words that I perhaps wouldn't have known otherwise. One in particular I knew, but when I had to do my translation exam at the end of my final year, I was having trouble remembering what "coquillage" meant. Then it all became clear as I saw myself playing this game and remembered the triumphant message that flashed on the screen.

Comment

• were there 'shells' inthe Grimfandango?

hmmm.....there were shells in Pirates!, so i'll stick with the naughtical theme....

Monkey Island?

EDIT: we have done monkey island 2 but not the first one!
                Last edited by child of Thor; August 31, 2004, 10:59.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

• Dang, Monkey Island is taken... hmm... I'll have to think about this one. Nothing immediately comes to mind if it isn't Pirates! or one of the games from the Monkey Island series...
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• leisure suit larry ?

Comment

• No, no.

3 The view was mostly top-down at a a slight angle, although calling it isometric would be going a little too far, but it also had sideways-scrolling platform sections too. Though these were rubbish, and just detracted from the rest of the action.

Comment

• i'm enjoying this one duke

Comment

• Nobody has got the most obvious clue to the platform yet though.

Comment

• yeah....it hurts when ones clues go unappriciated

that first clue has me foxed though - i'm not very good at clues, or i might be winning this game as i've played most of the games guessed so far!(well except for japanese console ones)

can i guess the year? It smells like 1992?

Comment

• Just two years out.

Comment

• Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

Comment

Working...
                                X