XBox2: Not backwards compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    I think the arguments have been clouded, rather than illuminated, by the silly cd/dvd fights.
    ..aw, we was just havin' fun!

Comment

Maybe its silly re console v console, but i think it does cast a different light on Xbox2 vs a PC. A new PC that runs Windows XP can still play all earlier Windows games right? Everything post-DOS? Thats a HUGE library. An Xbox2 OTOH wont even be able Xbox games. I mean if you already own an Xbox AND an adequate PC, and maybe a PS, (ie are a HARD core gamer ) then maybe this backwards compatibility is irrelevant to the decision to buy Xbox2 or to buy a new PC or upgrade existing - you'll do BOTH of course For those for whom gaming is a smaller part of our lives, and who dont want our houses cluttered with electronics, and who ONLY own a PC, this impacts the xbox2 vs new PC decision - a new PC has a substantial existing library of games that have come out that i cant play on my old PC, PLUS the new games coming out, while the Xbox2 only has whatever new games come out.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Well for me it is an issue - the few hundred pounds i've spent on games for my xbox would stop me upgrading to the xbox2.
        Still if that leaked document is true then if the Xbox2 came with an emulator mode - that might make me think of upgrading if the emulation was pretty good.

IMO The Xbox is powerfull enough - it just needs more and better games(and a chance for the developers to get better at programming it?).

I'd just save a bit longer and get a decent PC.
        Last edited by child of Thor; June 25, 2004, 15:59.
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
        X