XBox2: Not backwards compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    would be buying a DVD system to go in the back of the car and worrying it would n't play your CD's

Even though as pointed out DVDs and CDs are totally different mediums, EVERY DVD player on the market today can play CDs. Thanks for making my point .
    But if a supa dupa new DVD player came out, would it bother you if it didn't play CD's? Nope, me either! Thanks for making my......
    Last edited by reds4ever; June 24, 2004, 00:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master

For DVD's, you play movies, for CD's, you play audio.
      Aha!!!! DVD's also play audio only and the CD player in my computer plays movies!!!!

Consider my logic trap sprung! The more you wriggle, the more it will hurt!

Comment

No, because DVD's and CD's are totally different.

Comment

I must have a magical DVD player then, it plays both!

I told you not to wriggle!! ;O)

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
            But if a supa dupa new DVD player came out, would it bother you if it didn't play CD's?
            I would, because I have thousands of CD's. Okay, maybe just a couple of thousands, but I wouldn't put a new DVD player in my car (if I were to buy a car, that is) if it couldn't play my CD collection. What good is it?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

People today expect consoles to be backwards compatible? In my day..................

Comment

But if a supa dupa new DVD player came out, would it bother you if it didn't play CD's?

Yes... because it would be a waste of space in my car. Sure the person in the passenger seat or in the back or whatever could watch great DVDs, but I couldn't listen to music anymore. Since that was a feature previously, it'd bother me that it wasn't included again.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Right then Gentlemen, the argument has gone around in a circle (at least once) and no one has changed their mind, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                    Xenon?
                    It's the code name for the Xbox 2.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

err.....you mean, like all of us?
                      Of course!
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Any gaming luddites should just use emulators.......;O)
                        Which run on PC's, right? Another plug for the PC
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

a modded xbox can run emus too... it might even be possible with others(ps2, gcb) but probably not worth the effort.
                          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                            a modded xbox can run emus too... it might even be possible with others(ps2, gcb) but probably not worth the effort.
                            nah, have you SEEN PS2 games?

Comment

Who cares? how many PS2 owners play PSone games on their consoles?

Never even owned a PSone...
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I also doubt the feature is used widely. I think the arguments have been clouded, rather than illuminated, by the silly cd/dvd fights. Since when has backwards compatibility been expected in the sphere of consoles? I owned several when I was younger and none of those were. What is more, they didn't need to be. Mostly you want to play the presumably more advanced games on your new toy. If you want to play older games, well, you still have the older console right?

Comment

Working...
                                X