Heroes 4 groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes 4 groups

can anyone tell me, or link to someplace that tells me what the monster groups are in Heroes 4. They are different than in HOMM 1-3. For example, I think a group of 10 - 19 is no longer called a "pack", but a "band".

I thought it was in the manual, but I was mistaken.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

It has been too long since I played to remember, try this site:

Comment

Astral Wizard should still be good.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

No it has been abandoned. They never took up Homm4 and their old maps are on others sites now.

Comment

Astral Wizard's gone... as is H3trio.

If there is anything in particular you wanted from the sites, I might be able to provide. (I saved a lot of their sites data before they went offline )
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thanks vmxa, but I looked over that site without finding the info.

I can't seem to recall where I found the info in the first place. Maybe I was sneaking a look at a hint book....

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

This can be retrieved by making a map and placing a hero near a group of monsters numbering say 11, then numbering 21 and so on until you gat all the names for different groups of monsters.

Comment

I could not find it in the strat guide either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
                  This can be retrieved by making a map and placing a hero near a group of monsters numbering say 11, then numbering 21 and so on until you gat all the names for different groups of monsters.
                  OK, Good idea. Took some work, though....

for future reference, I think the groups are as follows:

1-5: Few
                  6-10: Several
                  11-20: Band
                  21-50: Dozens
                  51-100: Scores
                  101-250: Company
                  251-500: Hundreds
                  501-1000: Host
                  1001-2000: Legion
                  2001+ : Thousands

I kind of miss the old horde, throng, pack, and swarm, but I've thought for a long time we needed somthing better than "zounds". Host is a good replacement.

Comment

Really it is the same as Homm2, except they have a name for over 2000 units.

Some names have changed, but the values are the same. I agree, I never cared for zounds. I don't see any need for "thousands" as Legion was good enough.

Anyway good job.

Comment

Hundreds and Thousands sound idiotic

Zounds or Horde would sound much, much better.

I think they lost the 'feel' of the game by using those names.
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I would think it is not a good idea to change something in a franchise, just to change it. It will not endear you to the fans. I would have dropped zounds and used something else, but the rest was fine.

Comment

No it has been abandoned. They never took up Homm4 and their old maps are on others sites now.

That's a shame.

I found that site, after I had played HOMM for quite some time.

Do they still have their strats posted?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

1-5: Few
                            6-10: Several
                            11-20: Band
                            21-50: Dozens
                            51-100: Scores
                            101-250: Company
                            251-500: Hundreds
                            501-1000: Host
                            1001-2000: Legion
                            2001+ : Thousands
                            Host is a good name...

However, Dozens, Hundreds and Thousands are pathetic.

Surely they can come up with better names?

How about patrols, clans, and to resurrect swarms?

I loved a swarm of Black Dragons.

Comment

throng
                              horde
                              SWARM
                              Zounds sound cool but I don't have the slightest clue what it means

and of course a legion:

homm3 kicked ass

ps: i don't understand scores
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                              X