Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True. I set it to "debug slic = yes" so that I could review SLIC coding and to help out with improving CTP2 (still a much better game than the SMCiv series post Civ 2).

Comment

• Originally posted by ahenobarb
      True. I set it to "debug slic = yes" so that I could review SLIC coding
      That's the slic disabling it wouldn't disable the message you have posted. But the real one is located under the slic debug one.

And to the message: That's the last of the more common ones, I have to fix.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I did a little testing of the optional rules:

===

City capture:

Liberate city, I can't select my unit(s) that liberated the city, obviously because it is now in a barbarian city. The only way to select my unit(s) is if they have move-points available, and to wait for it to cycle to the unit, or press "O" to cycle to it.

I attached a small picture to show.

===

Barbarians Spawn Barbarians:

I didn't notice any effect with this option. I saw this in the readme:

Code:
        Changed:  BarbarianSpawnBarbarian code to limit Barbarians overrunning
                  the entire map
        so I assume it was disabled?

BTW I noticed barbarians still build wonders, or they continued building a wonder, I'm not sure.

===

City gold maintenance:

This seems to work (-10 gold per city?) but is not taken into account in the empire manager under savings, which is confusing to see how much gold you will have.

If you have one city (-10 gold) and the empire manager says you will get 6 gold savings next turn, you will actually get -4.

BTW what should happen when you run into negative gold (although it only goes as low as zero) and have improvements to sell? It seems nothing happens, your improvements don't get sold at least.

===

Conflicting city style unhappiness:

I didn't notice any effect with this on. Either creating cities of a different style to my civ's default style, or capturing a different style.

===

1 gold per unit cost:

It seems it isn't reporting it in the empire manager saving column, just like gold per city.

Also I couldn't find how much gold should be deducted, although I didn't investigate much.

I found this: http://www.ctp2.info/aewiki/index.ph...PerUnitSupport although there is not entry in diffDB.txt concerning gold unit support.

and this in the playtest readme:

Code:
           Gold per unit        Unit gold costs per turn multiplied by the wage rate
        but this at least didn't seem correct. Probably the explanation on the CtP2 Bureau is correct in some way, but I have to check.
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Another really small bug. In the screenshot below it shows the Infantryman ready in 6 turns, but Ibiza has 215 production (crime is already deducted) so the Infantryman should be ready in 5 turns, as it costs 1000 production.

When I end the turn it jumps to 4 turns left though. Just wondered why it was doing this.
          Attached Files
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• I got a crash when using a modified risks.txt, as it seems to be related to that. I was watching the AI play at the time, and I was the barbarian civ so I didn't have to watch all the moves.

Code:
            Version 2008-06-18
              0x0047e91e  [?AddBarbarians@Barbarians@@SA_NABVMapPoint@@H_N@Z + 0xfe]
              0x004a9cb5  [?OpenGoody@GoodyHut@@QAEXABHABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x3d5]
              0x00473967  [?CheckTerrainEvents@ArmyData@@QAEXXZ + 0x47]
              0x0047c9d2  [?GEVHookCallback@MoveUnitsEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x582]
              0x0057a977  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
              0x0057b338  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
              0x0057945d  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
              0x0040c27f  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x1cf]
              0x006e6597  [?CheckForEasterEggs@ChatWindow@@QAEHPAD@Z + 0x137]
              0x006e6406  [?ChatCallback@ChatWindow@@SAXPAVaui_Control@@IIPAX@Z + 0x66]
              0x00671212  [?TextFieldWindowProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z + 0xa2]
              0x7e418734  [__onexitbegin + 0x7da5243c]
              0x7e418816  [__onexitbegin + 0x7da5251e]
              0x7e4189cd  [__onexitbegin + 0x7da526d5]
              0x7e4196c7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7da533cf]
              0x00406fc2  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3d2]
              0x004069e5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
              0x007ff0fc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
              0x7c816fd7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7be50cdf]
            Attached Files

Comment

• ok - so I dug out the Activision CD and will install the game again... Martin, any revision imminent before I try to kindly ask Maq for a new playtest version? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by mapfi
                Martin, any revision imminent before I try to kindly ask Maq for a new playtest version? ;-)
                Not really, the big revision of AI movement I am heading for isn't finished, yet. At least I seem to come closer, and on the other hand into the next playtest should also go some multiplayer fixings.

-Martin

Comment

• ok - I'll use the May one then

Comment

ok - so I dug out the Activision CD and will install the game again... Martin, any revision imminent before I try to kindly ask Maq for a new playtest version? ;-)
                    You'll get nothing asking me Martin is the one to go to about that.

BTW to you or Martin, I can test MP again, just say when.

Although I haven't tried any MP game since me and/or EPW kept freezing in-game, and this was with the 1.1 patch.

Comment

• ok, so my first playtest went down the drain after an hour... after I had conquered the last city of a player, the game crashed right after you hear the sound of his one unit in the field being killed

for some reason, I'm not able to locate either autosave nor saved file, although they are both there to load - where are they filed now? what's the file ending, not .sav?

Comment

for some reason, I'm not able to locate either autosave nor saved file, although they are both there to load - where are they filed now? what's the file ending, not .sav?
                        The save files are in a games specific subdirectory of ..\ctp2_program\ctp\save\games\. There is no specific files extensions for the save games. In the German version the autosave has no extension and the others have the extension *.Chr, because of the date format, but that shouldn't be a secret for you since these names are displayed in game.

-Martin

Comment

• you are not going to believe this but here's the thing - the files are available in the game to load - but that folder is empty - and I can't find them anywhere. Windows Vista sucks...

Comment

• I'm using XP but have seen this problem mentioned many times in various forums. Vista seem to probhib saving files in some folders in C: and instead saves them in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\folde r name (I'd asume it would be followed by program files\ctp2_program\ctp\save\games\ or the custom folder you used instead of the program files.

I'm sure someone with Vista will give more precise answer. They could also tell if this behaviour affects other drives beside c:. For example I have C: for programs, d: for games and e: for date (downloads and storage).
                            Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Petrell's Domain Webmaster

Comment

• That was it - thanks.

Martin, here's the savegame - if you conquer the orange player, the game crashes just after it kills the remaining orange phalanx
                              Attached Files

Comment

• here's another playtest - with this one, it seems not to matter wheather I max the sliders for food and work both to totally unhappy or both to happy. the resulting happyness stays around 72 for each city...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X