This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
    Martin what do you save your TGA's with? I can't seem to find a program that doesn't make the TGA's appear distorted in CtP2, except Photoshop CS2(9.0), and I don't want to install that system hog again.

I use Paint Shop Pro 4, the TGA files need to be stored as 16 bit files.
    Originally posted by Maquiladora
    Paint Shop Pro 8 (perfect but upside down )
    I have no idea PSP8 does this, but you can flip the image or rotate it by 180°.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    I could just post them and you can save them so they work I guess.
    Of course, I can do this.

-Martin
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; July 13, 2008, 13:11.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I made an upgrade icon (actually all I did was draw an arrow) but I used the default unit symbol which you said I should avoid and be more creative. Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything so I just did this.

If you have an idea that would indicate "upgrade unit" better than this kind of icon then tell me and I can try to make something new.
      Attached Files
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I also made these two.

The top one is just the button I showed above presented for the GL unit orders picture.

The bottom one was my first attempt but there was too much detail to fit on the button, but it could still be used for a picture for the GL "upgrading" concept.
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• The bottom one looks exactly as it should be. Now I would like to have something like that for the button. Maybe there is something we can use from the scenario editor buttons.

Well if this doesn't work we can still use your original idea. But first we should look for something better.

-Martin

Comment

• Yes, I agree, the lowest button looks great though I don't think it will be appropriate once reduced.

Why not a unit cut in half ? The left part would be a corresponding half Hoplite unit and the right part would be a corresponding half Pikemen. If you want the button to be more easy to spot it could be crossed by the green arrow.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Well I attempted some new ones, what do you think? Does the hoplite and pikemen look right for a start?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                Well I attempted some new ones, what do you think? Does the hoplite and pikemen look right for a start?
                Well, I go for the first one.

-Martin

Comment

• Great work Maq !

I agree with Martin : the first button looks like the best.
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• It appears to be saying the wrong city when a slave raid fails. It says the slave raid failed in my own city of Pylos, but it failed in Washington D.C. The slaves would not have gone to Pylos either.

I tried it again and this time it said the slave raid failed in Argos, another of my own cities, where the slaves would have gone. I have the save before and it can be reproduced, as long as the slave raid fails obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin

I agree with Martin : the first button looks like the best.
                      Well we can use the first one unless we find something better then.

I made a new GL picture (for the "unit orders" section) that is more like the button:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• These are the final pictures. Button active and inactive, the new GL picture and the first one just in case.

Also Martin, can you save them in your Paint Shop Pro 4 please, so they don't appear upside down? This way it keeps them as they should be.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Another Error popped-up. (I hope this is where this should be posted).
                          Last edited by ahenobarb; June 20, 2008, 15:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by ahenobarb
                            Another Error popped-up. (I hope this is where this should be posted).
                            That's the right thread for this, if you were more specific about what the error message says.

-Martin

Comment

• This should do it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Just to let you know ahenobarb, you can turn off those messages in the options>advanced menu and uncheck "slic event debug messages".

Comment

Working...
                                X