Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more ideas

1. increase or decrease the slider expectations
    2. creates goods or changes terrain type (grasslands->plains for example)
    3. reduce fuel usage or increase fuel
    4. change city expansion threshold
    5. make workers more efficient(1 worker can work 2 tiles for example)
    6. increased barbarian activity around other civs
    7. improve success chance of convert unit abilities
    8. increase chance of units becoming veteran.
    9. Wonder that lets you destroy an enemy wonder (i think someone said this on the other site as an idea for civ5)
    10. keep (or perhaps let you use) gov specific units even when not in that government
    "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
      more ideas

1. increase or decrease the slider expectations
      Good one.

2. creates goods or changes terrain type (grasslands->plains for example)
      I guess it could have some uses, like planting forests in a Mars scenario or clearing dead tiles something.

3. reduce fuel usage or increase fuel
      Perhaps. IIRC there are no slic functions that can control fuel, those would be useful too.

4. change city expansion threshold
      As in when the collection radius grows? I think I read something similar to this that E tried to or did implement, perhaps with buildings.

5. make workers more efficient(1 worker can work 2 tiles for example)
      Not sure how this would work.

6. increased barbarian activity around other civs
      Sounds cheesy, maybe useful.

7. improve success chance of convert unit abilities
      Nice.

8. increase chance of units becoming veteran.
      Nice.

9. Wonder that lets you destroy an enemy wonder (i think someone said this on the other site as an idea for civ5)
      Same as 6.

10. keep (or perhaps let you use) gov specific units even when not in that government
      Don't like it.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Sounds cheesy, maybe useful.
        How about a wonder that rains hellfire upon your enemies?
        "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
          How about a wonder that rains hellfire upon your enemies?
          Better.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
            How does GoldPerBuildingAnywhere work? It says here:

"Wonder gives gold per specified building multiplied by population."

I tried:

GoldPerBuildingAnywhere IMPROVE_SHRINE_EGYPT

for testing the religion stuff, but it said it required an integer. If I put an integer, what building is it multiplying the population by?
            this one think gives you the number of gold in the integer you specify for every building in any civ - like religions kind of did for civ4 so if you have

GoldPerBuildingAnywhere 2

it wil give you two gold but i think it needs the preRequisiteBuilding flag to specify the building or someother flag. i cant remember.
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

OK... I suppose I (or someone else) may get around to figuring it out in the code one day.

There are other issues with the religion scenario/code included with the AE too, particularly the religion icons. They seems to only show under fog of war, and they also cause crashes sometimes. I suggest we remove that scenario from the AE for now, since no one is working on it. Just upload it to the religion thread to keep it there in case someone wants to fix the code.

Comment

The Nanite Defuser wonder apparently not only destroys all the nukes in the world, but also all the nuclear plants, and forbids you from building any in the future. This also has the knock-on effect that you can't build any fusion plants after the nanite defuser is built either, because they require nuclear plants first.

I'm wondering is this really a good idea? A wonder destroying a bunch of buildings, and also banning another building for the rest of the game. It means nuclear plants are almost worthless, since the nanite defuser will always get built anyway.

And the gameplay section of the great library for the nanite defuser says:

"Using nanotechnological means, the nanite defuser eliminates the threat of nuclear war by defusing every nuclear weapon in the world."

The code is clear, to destroy any buildings with the "nuclearplant" flag, but this seems like a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                X