This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good catch J,

Assuming they picked 4 (probably a test value?) then it should equate to ADVANCE_CHOICES_MIN 4

I guess we can try the code like this?
    Code:
    	if(m_theLastAdvanceEnabledThisManyAdvances <= g_theConstDB->AdvanceChoicesMin()) {
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• I also agree on that, I remmember CTP1 disbanded units once you achieve an advance that decrepated (or is it decripated? decrepeted?) the one that you used to create the unit.

Technically, theres NO use having Ancient age unit garrisoned on your capital in the Diamond era, just wasting production resources, which is a problem. However, upgrading should have a cost, like, the difference between the actual unit and the upgrade unit.

Originally posted by Tamerlin
      Absolutely, replacing units is otherwise a painful process and represents too much micro management which deters the player from the real pleasure : building an empire.

We, empire builders, have far more important things to do than giving petty orders such as building a new unit in order to replace a given archer somewhere on the map. Needless to say that moving the newly produced units on the map and then disbanding the older unit when the first one is reaching its destination is a waste of time.
      Again, the silly process of disbanding.

Originally posted by E
      ahhh

would that be the lines:

Code:
      ADVANCE_CHOICES_MIN 4
      ADVANCE_CHOICES_MAX 6
      and this would be the corresponding code in adavnces.cpp

Code:
      void Advances::ResetCanResearch(sint32 justGot)
      [i]...some code...[/i]

if(num > g_theConstDB->AdvanceChoicesMin()) {
      		sint32 howMany = g_rand->Next(g_theConstDB->AdvanceChoicesMax() - 
      									  g_theConstDB->AdvanceChoicesMin()) +
      			g_theConstDB->AdvanceChoicesMin();
      		while(num > howMany) {
      			sint32 origNum = num;
      			sint32 which = g_rand->Next(num);
      			sint32 found = 0;
      			for(i = 0; i < m_size; i++) {
      				if(m_canResearch[i]) {
      					if(found == which) {
      						m_canResearch[i] = FALSE;
      						num--;
      						break;
      					}
      					found++;
      				}
      			}
      			Assert(num != origNum);
      			if(num == origNum)
      				break;
      		}
      	}

if(m_theLastAdvanceEnabledThisManyAdvances <= 4) {
      		for(i = 0; i < m_size; i++) {
      			if(!m_hasAdvance[i] && !m_canResearch[i]) {

if(g_theAdvanceDB->RequiresProbeRecovery(i) &&
      				   !g_player[m_owner]->m_hasRecoveredProbe) {
      					continue;
      				}

const AdvanceRecord *rec = g_theAdvanceDB->Get(i);
      				BOOL justEnabled = FALSE;
      				BOOL canResearch = TRUE;
      				for(sint32 prereq = 0; prereq < rec->m_nPrereq; prereq++) {
      					if(!m_hasAdvance[rec->m_prereq[prereq]]) {
      						canResearch = FALSE;
      						break;
      					}
      					if(rec->m_prereq[prereq] == justGot) {
      						justEnabled = TRUE;
      					}
      				}
      and some other stuff. I guess LemurMadness you are on to experiment with it
      Ill report tomorrow about how it worked

Comment

• Originally posted by LemurMadness
        I also agree on that, I remmember CTP1 disbanded units once you achieve an advance that decrepated (or is it decripated? decrepeted?) the one that you used to create the unit.

Technically, theres NO use having Ancient age unit garrisoned on your capital in the Diamond era, just wasting production resources, which is a problem. However, upgrading should have a cost, like, the difference between the actual unit and the upgrade unit.

Again, the silly process of disbanding.
        Ill report tomorrow about how it worked

Upgrading is in, but you have to use the unit.txt from my builds.

hopefully the const.txt changes work, but if not I have code in place that might do it.

Comment

I also agree on that, I remmember CTP1 disbanded units once you achieve an advance that decrepated (or is it decripated? decrepeted?) the one that you used to create the unit.
          I don't think that's right. CTP1 disbanded units when they were government-specific and you switched out of the government in question.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway

I don't think that's right. CTP1 disbanded units when they were government-specific and you switched out of the government in question.
            oh oops yeah, sorry for the misconception

The ADVANCES MAX setting works perfectly

Comment

• Installed the August playtest Martin uploaded with 630 revision in E´s signature, i keep getting this barb problem with every game. Any ideas?
              Attached Files
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

5- The Almighty Endless Turn Of Pain -- This has been bugging me since first I tried CTP2, the game picks a random civilization, and takes about 10x times the actual time other civilizations do to complete their turn...
                Is this part of the original game or does it come with our builts? However actually this isn't so random, this affects civs that have no land access to other civs. And there is another problem with turn display. The delay happens after it switched to the next civ, aöthough it isn't their turn, yet.

Originally posted by LemurMadness
                1- Isn't supposed Alllied civilizations provide full vision of their own civilization? I think this was on the manual...
                I can't remember that this is the case, maybe we could consider this as ConstDB option.

(PS: You can build Roads improvements, but not farms or other kinds, thats why the AllyCanBuild )
                Maybe E should have been a little bit more precise about this.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                Installed the August playtest Martin uploaded with 630 revision in E´s signature, i keep getting this barb problem with every game. Any ideas?
                Just to make sure, you use any of E's textfiles. If yes, they could be the source of the problem, because E added something about Barbarian spwan and that could be a possible side effect.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  Is this part of the original game or does it come with our builts? However actually this isn't so random, this affects civs that have no land access to other civs. And there is another problem with turn display. The delay happens after it switched to the next civ, aöthough it isn't their turn, yet.
                  -Martin
                  Sorry for the misconceptions again (being on a PC typing on 3 different windows makes me kinda dizzy ), I can't confirm this is part of the original game (1.11), but this has been since early Playtest builds, however, I think it can occur on any civilization, because I remmember this had happened on a SuperContinent with 7 players.

Comment

Sorry for the misconceptions again (being on a PC typing on 3 different windows makes me kinda dizzy ), I can't confirm this is part of the original game (1.11),
                    I think it isn't there, but i doesn't matter anyway since it is in our playtest builds. Well maybe accept that we introduced this and we can look in the respository for it.

but this has been since early Playtest builds, however, I think it can occur on any civilization, because I remmember this had happened on a SuperContinent with 7 players.
                    It would be helpfull to know an aproximate build. We had massive slow downs in some of them but this is now be fixed or better in a managable frame.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann It would be helpfull to know an aproximate build. We had massive slow downs in some of them but this is now be fixed or better in a managable frame.

-Martin
                      I'll try to use a savegame on some builds (I keep an archive of Playtest builds), once I get back home. I'll provide usefull feedback about this

Comment

Just to make sure, you use any of E's textfiles. If yes, they could be the source of the problem, because E added something about Barbarian spwan and that could be a possible side effect.

-Martin
                        I only used the files i mentioned, the new playtest then revision 630 over a clean installation.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

THAt DEFINETELY Looks like my barbarian spawn code. Its in DiffDB (I thought I removed it but...) I recommend removing. Although the code works the AI just fortifies them. ANd unlike civ3 the stacks of death problem isnt realistic in ctp2 with its 12 stack limit (whichI like an think its more realistic)

(You can build Roads improvements, but not farms or other kinds, thats why the AllyCanBuild )
                          Thats what I found in the original code. Only if timeimp class can you build in a allie dterritory. So I aded this flag to allow otherimps if the modder wishes.

ALso note I highly recommend adding the CAnBuildWasteland flag to roads in a game (even standard) because the AI does connect its cities that way. On that note I noticed they AI will build stuff with radius flags IF they have a gold or production value. SO I think if we change values you'll see the AI connecting its empire better.

Comment

• Got a crash to desktop just as i ended turn. I reloaded the autosave but couldnt repeat it. I can post the save if required but i wont for now as im on 56k.

Also whats with the AE mod folder, is it supposed to work, or do i need additional files? I got a few errors trying to start it (after i made it a scenario).

Comment

• Might help if i post the crash.txt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• did you try the playtest with the units.txt that have unit upgrades in it? I think this crash is because it tried to upgrade a unit when two or more units were also buildable. I might have an error in the upgrade path. What turn was it, what units available to AI, etc. (ok just post the save game )

the AE folder is supposed to be a new mod with this features. it appears I need to test it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X