This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E
    I don't think this affects the happiness stuff not showing up. But I think the const.txt has the riot level at 67 not 72...
    Original 1.11's RIOT_LEVEL is 72, even in October 2005 Playtest is 72, why it was changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by LemurMadness

Original 1.11's RIOT_LEVEL is 72, even in October 2005 Playtest is 72, why it was changed?
      For testing. For a while we had a situation where the AI would have a city that would go 'mogadishu' on us. It got very big then it would keep revolting each turn. There is discussion here somewhere mainly beween me and bureaubert. I think we can turn it back to 72 after I've tested with my civ3mod (I have it at 73) where it it seems ok except the last line of COnst.txt which was an AE addition: MIN_TURNS_BETWEEN_REVOLT should be set to 10 (or even higher) so the new AI has a chance to cope with the rebellion to prevent the 'mogadishu' scenario. Feel free to test it out and I'll update the conts.txt in my playtest build.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Hi! Unfortunately I am currently a bit short on time, just tried a quick playtest with build 627 -- obviously there are two strings missing in the german (and presumably other non-english) textfiles:

The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• will fix (tonight hopefully)

Comment

in my sig. Fromafar said he fixed the blank city happines stuff. I updated the language files too.

Comment

• Oh man, cant wait to test this one

As always, Thanks E, Fromafar, Martin and everyone that made this possible

Too bad I can't test Scenarios, since the original language of my CTP2 was on Spanish

Comment

• Wouldn't putting the english folders in the spanish folder allow for the scenarios to be played?

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                  Wouldn't putting the english folders in the spanish folder allow for the scenarios to be played?
                  nope, says some strings missing

when I get back home, ill take screenshots.

Comment

• Probably just requires adding the strings in (unique script.slic stuff) if you are interested you could probably mke spanish files for it you'd just hve to add the missing strings to the language text files.

Comment

• I am currently testing the rev630 build.

Thanks for fixing the missing german strings!

Now when loading a saved scenario game, the scenario strings don't seem to get reloaded -- leading to messages like "irisch", "Birmingham", "Nationsgroßmeister" etc.
                      /reloadslic leads to a complaint concerning some missing "default string" (belonging to one of the new "kill city options" in script.slc).

Well I am not surprised that my Mod's SLICs (and/or settings?) are behaving a bit different again (settling, frenzy 2.X etc.) -- I will just keep observing these things

Apart from that

(1.) I had no real crash so far and
                      (2.) the annoying, supposedly SLIC-related "turn lags" reported with previous builds did not occur until turn 100.
                      The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• Hello

Well just starting into 630 and im looking forward to a good game.Just wanted bring a view points from a game two builds ago.
                        A very long game that took me over 500 turns to claim 1st place.On very hard 8 civs with largest map.Mostly land.
                        Have to say the AI had me working hard. Had to make many ajustments to cities so as to max production along with goverment settings. Only had one peace treaty and technolgy treaty,great for trading up techs,
                        Had one war last over a hundred turns with unit loses going back and forth.Most AI factions were hostile but many bribes of 200 gold and diplomatic parties held off a large scale attack.Good thing as most of the time had at least one side of the empire with only a handful of units because of long wars.
                        My point is that E has over many builds has made the AI able to keep pace with human player longer into the game.Without using a pile of cheats.
                        Its the last part of the game where the AI might need help.Once you reach first place your able to coast the rest of the way.What about a code that would change regard level once humam player reaches first place.
                        Raising the Threat level -Diplomacyevent-Positive Decay
                        MilitaryEvent -Positive Decay
                        Military Safty Positive Decay
                        Threat Level at 50-set to 75
                        These numbers are in aidata Diplomacy.Could .Also a manuel change could be done at a date late in the game. Something to tell the AI its losing the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                          in my sig.
                          Which isn't there if you are not logged in.

Originally posted by E
                          I updated the language files too.
                          You should submit them to the resporitory if they aren't already updated.

Originally posted by Protra3211
                          Without using a pile of cheats.
                          I just looked into the DiffDB.txt E provides. And that isn't the one we have in the code base and it contains a pile cheats starting on hard level. Well if you like this then there is no problem but at least you should know.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I see what you mean Martin. But I checked with the other mods like Apoltyon Pack for CtP2 and the numbers in the DiffDB file are the same. Except the technology numbers which are unchanged from 1.11 version.
                            But the AI is doing a beter job of building up its empire.
                            Had 2 AI factions build over 40 cities.They are expanding and producing more units. AI war tactics are fair in the late part of the game. Might be due to having too many targets to pick from.
                            Well lets see how 630 build fairs.Thank you Martin.

Comment

• New playtest 2006.08.26 (Revision 632)

Originally posted by Protra3211
                              Well lets see how 630 build fairs.
                              Well I rather prefere a build from revision 632. So I proudly present a new playtest from August 26th 2006 Revision 632.

Since E's additional text file modifications are not in the respisitory - they aren't included. But of course you can use his text files if you like. Maybe I should put them into a scenario so that we can compare them.

This version of the Apolyton Edition was compiled by using Visual Studio 6.0 Professional including service pack 5. This means you don't need any additional *.dlls and all the possible compiler optimisations are used. This means this version is optimized for speed memory usage and file size.

All you need are thes three files. I redid them all since I don't know whether the content in comparision to John's version is changed:

2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
                              2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
                              2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Edit: Removed link. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

Here is the brief changelog since revision 619 from the readme:
                              Code:
                              2006-08-26 (Revision 632)
                              Fixed:		Missing wonder started messages
                              Fixed:		Broken city happiness display
                              Fixed:		Autosave - Quicksave permutation
                              Added:		New database flags for modders:
                              - DifficuiltyDB
                                 AIFreeUpgrade	Difficulty allows the AI to upgrade its units for free.
                                 AINoShieldHunger	Difficulty maintains AI armies without shields.
                                 AINoGoldHunger	Difficulty maintains AI armies without gold.
                                 GoldPerUnitSupport	Difficulty adds this * GoldHunger * wages * readiness per unit.
                                 GoldPerCity			Difficulty adds this * cities * CityLimit
                              - TerrainImprovementDB
                                 CanBuildWasteland	TerrainImprovement can be built in unowned territory.
                                 CanBuildAlly			TerrainImprovement can be built in terrotory of your 
                              				allys. No idea what the sense behind this is, because 
                              				you can build you TerrainImprovements in the territory
                              				of your allys anyway.
                              Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 18:13.
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I've just tried installing the latest playtest but I get this error everytime I try to start the game. Clicking OK exits the program. I have reinstalled the game, installed the patch and then added the playtest. The game loaded fine at both the unpatched state and the patched state but not with the playtest.

If you can understand that can you help me find what's not working?

Comment

Working...
                                X