Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is single player, I have 10 cities. The actual calculations are working right, but there is no data displayed in the window. I've been looking around in some files such as citywindow.ldl to see if I could find anything wrong, but I don't know how they would have gotten messed up to begin with. When I reinstalled ctp2 I didn't use the activision patch, but I didn't think that it was necessary anymore with the playtests.

Comment

• I confirm that i too don't see values in the status window. weird.

on another topic does anyone know about these flags in govern.txt

MaxIncomingTrade
      MaxOutgoingTrade

I experimented with them and have a max trade statement in my advice side and i cant select a new trade route (none appear). but I had them set to 10 and 15 but only had 5 routes. Anyone know whats with these?
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• I'm on turn 474 and it's been crashing a lot to desktop since I got to modern age, once around 3 or four turns.
        It's medium dif, small map, 5 civs with some new ones spawing around.
        Here's the crash.txt:

Code:
          0x0088ff49  [?ComputeRoadPriorities@Governor@@QAEXXZ + 0x33]
          0x0089a134  [?BeginTurn@CtpAi@@SAXH@Z + 0x1d7]
          0x005390e6  [?GEVHookCallback@BeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x8d]
          0x005c1a82  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x8e]
          0x005c25b0  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x40]
          0x005c0402  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
          0x005c2424  [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2f]
          0x005c23cb  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x7b]
          0x005c2340  [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
          0x005c21f5  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
          0x0043e2db  [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x35]
          0x00438182  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
          0x00438022  [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
          0x0040ec1f  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEHIAAI@Z + 0x22c]
          0x0040ef40  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0xa7]
          0x00407e1f  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
          0x00407896  [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
          0x008a868c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
          0x77e6eb69  [__onexitbegin + 0x773dfed1
        Attached Files

Comment

• I have no clue, but could those trade flags refer to max outgoing or incoming routes to other civs?

As far as the happiness (and maybe pollution too) status window goes, it is slightly annoying not to know why a city is happy (or unhappy) but the game is still playable. I just check the national manager every turn for happiness.

I did alot of testing with the ldl files, the ones that are with the playtests. Tried using the ones from the 623 and 625 playtests, and the 10-23-2005 main playtest. Then tried the ldl files from the 9-12-2005 playtest. None worked. I even tried the ldl files from the modified medpack2 that I had working with the 9-12 playtest (yes I kept all of those files, or most of them), and that didn't work either. So I guess the problem isn't in those, at least exclusively. And I don't know enough about what's in them to figure out if there's a problem by looking (although I started with them because they seem to be the files that say what's going to be on the screen, the UI).

Comment

• 627 is up

still not sure what the road priority crash was but Despot your upload had no file in it so i couldnt test it.

remember you can continue old games with new builds. however you should go to the cheat menu and press 'reload slic' because sometimes the messages are changed and not doing so you'll get weird messages.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
              remember you can continue old games with new builds. however you should go to the cheat menu and press 'reload slic' because sometimes the messages are changed and not doing so you'll get weird messages.
              Do not use the cheat editor for this! The proper way to do this is to open the chat window by typing the apostrophe key (') and entering: /reloadslic

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJ
                First game with the playtest has gone well so far, no crashes at all. Only one thing- in the city manager under 'status' there is no data for happiness, such as distance from capital, buildings, or slider changes. Has anyone else noticed this?
                Yup. It doesnt calculates any happiness data at all. This happened on builds +619b.

I've found this fun

PS: I forgot to mention, Impossible is really Impossible, on the first turn you build a city, you lose 96 gold (is this the cost on Impossible for maintaining the Capitol?)
                Last edited by LemurMadness; August 9, 2006, 11:21.

Comment

• I set the GoldPerCity for impossible. You'd have to adjust your wages and taxes to make a profit.

I guess you lucked out being able to sack the native americans so early

Comment

• It happened to me sometimes, the AI won't seetle and would just wander around, even if their spot seemed to be good.

Comment

• Just tested past versions, in 599, in normal, "unhappy" (cities below 72) doesnt riot. Is something changed that I am not aware?

Comment

• I don't think this affects the happiness stuff not showing up. But I think the const.txt has the riot level at 67 not 72...

Comment

• GOOD NEWS

I was experimenting with my civ3mod with some of the new code I added and saw some more great AI stuff. The "CanBuildWasteland" flag that added worked great for roads. The flag lets the AI build in a visible non-owned, blank area and without radius that area won'tbe owned. I added it Roads and saw the AI connecting cities through visible, but unowned wasteland, connecting its cities.

Another interesting AI move. I've been trying to refine the modern age by adding a OIL aspect. I was going to do oil only tileimps but found them too sparse and not really anyway to make critical. I opted to have an oil well andd drilling platform improvements that can only be built on sand dunes and kelp (still testing). Kelp was hard because there temds to be a lot. I prefered reefs but sometimes they never show (may just go with volvanoes), sand dunes are limited and rarely settled. ANYWAYS, I had it set up like a fortress where you can build in visible territory or allied ("CanbuildAlly" flag) so there would be a race to build thm since they give franchiseproduction and export gold (lessen unit costs and give extra gold even outside borders) so they are a benefit in the modern era with expensive units.

What I saw was the Romans not only building these but building in my territory first (taking my land!). Not sure it was luck or what but it heated up competition.

so that means there may be a way to get the AI to start building forts too I think.

Comment

• What was changed post 619 that shutdown the happiness display?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJ
                              What was changed post 619 that shutdown the happiness display?
                              Well you could find out so that we can fix it.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Here's a weird crash. First I kept getting the long pause and then had to shut down the game it happened alot with rev627 in my civ3mod. however, the game runs normal if I have the whole map revealed (via the cheat editor) but when I go back to normal it gets that "long turn maxing out cpu usage with manual closing" however one time it did CTD and gave me this crash text.

Code:
                                  0x0041c93d  [?GetCell@World@@QBEPAVCell@@ABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x1d]
                                  0x004f8cb5  [?terrainutil_GetTerrainEffect@@YAPBVEffect@TerrainImprovementRecord@@PBV2@ABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x12]
                                  0x004f8f31  [?terrainutil_GetProductionCost@@YAHHABVMapPoint@@H@Z + 0xbe]
                                  0x004cbe82  [?ComputeTowerPositions@GaiaController@@QAEXXZ + 0x2af]
                                  0x004cbf89  [?BuildProcessingTowers@GaiaController@@QAEXXZ + 0x35]
                                  0x0089a76a  [?BeginTurn@CtpAi@@SAXH@Z + 0x224]
                                  0x00538e76  [?GEVHookCallback@BeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x8d]
                                  0x005c1cd2  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x8e]
                                  0x005c28a0  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x40]
                                  0x005c0682  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                                  0x005c2714  [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2f]
                                  0x005c26bb  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x7b]
                                  0x005c2630  [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x13d]
                                What causes these "long turns"

Comment

Working...
                                X