Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any documentation for all the flags that have been added for modders? Ive seen them in the readme but its not clear how theyre used sometimes.

By the way, the civ_str.txt thing i still cant get it to work properly, doesnt show the button name right etc. I copied the exact same thing into the vanilla civ_str.txt and it worked fine.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Maq,

Bureaubert's page here: http://www.ctp2.info/

is the best source for new features I add description for most of theearly stuff. If something has a TBD and the title isnt selfexplanatory or your not sure where to go, just create you list here. I'll try and make time to update those files.

And time is the problem. I started my execMBA two weeks ago, that and my work put us into overtime so my Ctp2 has been real limited. My focus has been to get the code on my laptop so I can finish up some code when I travel but havent got that far.

I'm curious why you are having a civ_str.txt problem too. Are you doing this in the English txt? maybe something is wrong with english handling. The other thing is maybe a bracket ({) is missing??????
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E
        Maq,

Bureaubert's page here: http://www.ctp2.info/

is the best source for new features I add description for most of theearly stuff. If something has a TBD and the title isnt selfexplanatory or your not sure where to go, just create you list here. I'll try and make time to update those files.
        Thanks ill have a look.

Actually i already found one answer. I tried the UpgradeTo flag for units.txt and it gave me gold rather than taking it away. I found out this was because the newer unit cost less production than the older one it went positive.

I'm curious why you are having a civ_str.txt problem too. Are you doing this in the English txt? maybe something is wrong with english handling. The other thing is maybe a bracket ({) is missing??????
        Yes its in English. The text looks fine to me, and all i did was change one line, which works fine on the vanilla game.

I guess you dont have an English version to try yourself? Does it work fine on your version anyway?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• A couple that id like to ask about is MultipleAttacks, it looks like this is finished now?

And EnablesVeterans just says TBU, is this tested fully working? Also does it create veterans of all types of units or just ground units?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
            Actually i already found one answer. I tried the UpgradeTo flag for units.txt and it gave me gold rather than taking it away. I found out this was because the newer unit cost less production than the older one it went positive.
            yeah thats one way things can happen. but good to see upgrading stil works (one of the codes I'm proud of )

Yes its in English. The text looks fine to me, and all i did was change one line, which works fine on the vanilla game.

I guess you dont have an English version to try yourself? Does it work fine on your version anyway?
            I use english one all the time but haven't had a chance to fire up a game and test. I had 3 hours of homework last night after work. hopefully this weekend will give me a chance sorry.

A couple that id like to ask about is MultipleAttacks, it looks like this is finished now?
            When I lasted used it it worked. it allows you to attack as many times as you have movement points left. (so it deducts one from each attack). So a tank with a move 3 lets say can attack three times at the start of a turn. Like blitz in Civ3. IIRC when they are in a group though you don't get multple attacks unless all the units do multiple attacks.

And EnablesVeterans just says TBU, is this tested fully working? Also does it create veterans of all types of units or just ground units?
            the way veterans is implemented made it tough to do this one. Its for building.txt and basically when a unit is built in a city with a barracks (bldg with flag) lets say then the veteran flag will automatically be toggled. And its all units. Later on I can do it for land, sea, air. Once I get time

I thnk previously it worked so that it gave veteran to all units already built and just once but I believe I disabled that code (although it code be used for a wonder or feat later)

Comment

• Originally posted by E

I use english one all the time but haven't had a chance to fire up a game and test. I had 3 hours of homework last night after work. hopefully this weekend will give me a chance sorry.
              No problem. I just thought you had it working somehow, but at least then its not just me who has it wrong.

When I lasted used it it worked. it allows you to attack as many times as you have movement points left. (so it deducts one from each attack). So a tank with a move 3 lets say can attack three times at the start of a turn. Like blitz in Civ3. IIRC when they are in a group though you don't get multple attacks unless all the units do multiple attacks.
              Ill test it out later, i only asked now to get any info before i had time to test it. Great that it works though.

the way veterans is implemented made it tough to do this one. Its for building.txt and basically when a unit is built in a city with a barracks (bldg with flag) lets say then the veteran flag will automatically be toggled. And its all units. Later on I can do it for land, sea, air. Once I get time
              It would be great to have one veteran builder for each unit domain. You could pair this with the "heal in one turn" flag, like the airport, barracks etc in civ2, and change the city heal to 1hp a turn or something.

Anyway its amazing how much time youve saved me so far.

Comment

• Does anyone know what happened to turnlength.txt? It seems not to be working now.

Comment

• I couldnt get IsRestrictedToGood working in tileimp.txt, or it brought up an error saying "Oil does not exist in terrain database". I was trying to require "TERRAIN_DESERT_GOOD_TWO" (Oil) to a land tile imp. It says TBU on BureauBert's site, i guess it isnt finished?

MultipleAttacks looks to work perfectly so far. I tried an interesting mix of active defence and MultipleAttacks because it said it also allows multiple bombards but (not surprisingly) it didnt work for active defence bombards.

It could be a cheap tactic to send one unit in first to "set off" all the active defence units, then send the full army in, and they dont get attacked by active defence, because all active defence fires even if it only needs one unit to kill the "suicide unit".

Comment

The only lines ive changed are these:

Code:
                    GREEK				"Finnish"

GREEK_LEADERM_NAME		"Risto Ryti"
                    GREEK_LEADERF_NAME		"Helen"
                    GREEK_COUNTRY_NAME		"Finland"
                    GREEK_SINGULAR			"Fin"
                    GREEK_PLURAL			"Fins"
                    and this works normally with the unmodded game, but not with the playtest.
                    Well I put a civ_str.txt into the according folder of the world map and I did not encounter any problems. Maybe you should provide some screenshots. Well one minor possibility is that my current working copy does not contain the problem.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well I put a civ_str.txt into the according folder of the world map and I did not encounter any problems. Maybe you should provide some screenshots. Well one minor possibility is that my current working copy does not contain the problem.
                      Ive just done the same as you and it worked fine... however, the scenario im using isnt a saved scenario yet, its just a scenario setup with all the modded files in, because i dont want to create the savegame.c2g until im sure im finished adding things.

I did the same test but this time removed savegame.c2g from the worldmap scenario, and it did the same weird things as its been doing for me on the civ selection window. In the case of editing the "Greek" entry, it seems to mess up the French and German ones only, it messes other ones up if you edit different civ names in civ_str.txt.

This happens with the vanilla version using the second test too, so i guess this might be a problem if mods use the scenario folder?

To fix my problem the solution was to save the savegame.c2g first, then edit the Greek civ names.

Comment

• A couple of other problems with scenario creation...

When you go to save a scenario called "world" for example, and click new to create the folder, it creates a folder called "scenariosworld" in C:\CTP2 (top folder) rather than "world" folder in C:\CTP2\Scenarios.

Also anytime you save a scenario, then go to play it, it always puts the Brazilians as a selectable civ on the civ window (im not using any previous modifications), but when you select them it goes to control civ #1 anyway, with no Brazilians on the map at all.

Comment

This happens with the vanilla version using the second test too, so i guess this might be a problem if mods use the scenario folder?
                          Fortunately I did not break this.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                          When you go to save a scenario called "world" for example, and click new to create the folder, it creates a folder called "scenariosworld" in C:\CTP2 (top folder) rather than "world" folder in C:\CTP2\Scenarios.
                          Well, this was easy, just a missing file seperator. Someone forgot it when he was making this Linux compatible. I did not test it, but this was so minor that I should trust my code.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Re: Revision 646 Build

I made a Revision 646 build to incorporate some of the recent changes in the last 10 revisions:

ECtp2exe646.rar]REV646 HERE

Edit: Removed link. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

Of course you need the below installed first:

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                            Here is a new version of the Apolyton Edition playtest.

All you need are these three files. If you already have version from August than you just need the first, the others are the same.

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
                            2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
                            2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Here is the brief changelog since revision 632 from the readme:
                            Code:
                            2006-09-09 (Revision 634)
                            Fixed:    AI slider handling
                            Added:    For modders: STRATEGY_TOO_MANY_CITIES and STRATEGY_NO_REVOLUTON are
                                      loaded automaticly if present in startegies.txt and not present in
                                      personalities.txt. This way modders have less work if they want to
                                      make the AI respect the city limit.
                            Martin,

Why did you remove the Unit Upgrading stuff? And now all the personalities are the same? I'm assuming the DiffDB values were sent back to the original. I guess I should just add an AE mod to the scenario folders so people can play with the new features?
                            Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 18:16.

Comment

• Re: Re: Revision 646 Build

Originally posted by E
                              Martin,

Why did you remove the Unit Upgrading stuff?
                              Until then, I thought that the Unit Upgrader was a default feature of the Apolyton Edition.

Am I wrong? The 2006.09.09 does not feature a Unit Upgrader?

Last edited by Tamerlin; October 4, 2006, 12:19.
                              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Thank you Martin and E for all hard work.
                                I was wonderimg the same thing too E about the DiffDB file.As I recall you tweaked the values in one of your builds, so as to be on par with the Apolyton mod and changed the limit on how many cities each goverment could build by 5. Seem to help the AI expand faster and
                                build a balance of forces for defense and offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X