good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Mc
    how about it just crashes when you click new game or tutorial.
    It only seems to work in debug mode for some reason, otherwise it crashes on new game. Debug version doesn't provide any help such as asserts in tracking down the problem, except for the SlicStack assert near the end of the loading sequence.
    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
    -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

Originally posted by tombom
      It only seems to work in debug mode for some reason, otherwise it crashes on new game. Debug version doesn't provide any help such as asserts in tracking down the problem, except for the SlicStack assert near the end of the loading sequence.
      Does say the crash.txt anything. What does the log file of the debug version says? The only cause I can imagine was the thing with the more civs in the playtest version vs. less civs in mods. But I have submitted the fix for this.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

do you want to provide a link and I will give it a go.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

What about this link?
          svn://ctp2.kaan.dk/trunk

All you have to do is to go to the folder corresponding to the trunk folder on you hard drive. Right click on it and use the update option.

And if you want to commit anything the best is to update first and then commit.

-Martin

Comment

Does the same
            Last edited by The Big Mc; April 20, 2005, 11:22.
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

However my problem looks a little bit different. First I tried to load the Alexander Scenario. For some reason I had to update the const.txt, also unitbuildlist.txt, I thought at least the last file was updated.

However fact is that I am not able to load the Alex Scenario with the release version but with the debug version.

I can load games and start new games but I can't load a save game from a running game or go back to the main screen the game crashes and if I reload slic the game crashes when I end my turn or open a window (city manager, cheat editor, ...). But no problems with the debug version, and the best is the release version only cretes empty crash.txt's.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                However my problem looks a little bit different. First I tried to load the Alexander Scenario. For some reason I had to update the const.txt, also unitbuildlist.txt, I thought at least the last file was updated.

However fact is that I am not able to load the Alex Scenario with the release version but with the debug version.

I can load games and start new games but I can't load a save game from a running game or go back to the main screen the game crashes and if I reload slic the game crashes when I end my turn or open a window (city manager, cheat editor, ...). But no problems with the debug version, and the best is the release version only cretes empty crash.txt's.

-Martin

exact same experience on my end with Alex. The debug works great with Alex ow (after the two files are changed)
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

You may want to have a look at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html .

There should be less crashes with revision 338.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Does say the crash.txt anything. What does the log file of the debug version says? The only cause I can imagine was the thing with the more civs in the playtest version vs. less civs in mods. But I have submitted the fix for this.

-Martin
                    The relase version has stopped crashing on clicking New game now, although it never produced a crash.txt.
                    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
                    -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

• just compiled revision 339 when i click on launch the game appears to load but before the loading bar finishes the game unexpectedly quits.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Mc
                        just compiled revision 339 when i click on launch the game appears to load but before the loading bar finishes the game unexpectedly quits.
                        What about the crash.txt, happens this in debug version, release or both? Log files? Well I have to what happens if I compile and run it myself.

-Martin

Comment

• Well with my first trial I get a crash when I hit the load game button on the start screen. But as I had to delete two *.obj files and recompile them to get the program linked, I suspect an incorrect incremental linking. So my next step is to recompile the whole thing first and then see. If it will crashs again I will try the crash.txt path at least it generated a non-empty crash.txt.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                            Well with my first trial I get a crash when I hit the load game button on the start screen. But as I had to delete two *.obj files and recompile them to get the program linked, I suspect an incorrect incremental linking. So my next step is to recompile the whole thing first and then see. If it will crashs again I will try the crash.txt path at least it generated a non-empty crash.txt.
                            Well it was the incorrect increamental linking. After recompiling everything - no problems.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                            X