Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot

(My civ3 city conversion is used as a reference point)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Ekmek; July 30, 2005, 14:52.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• I shall try it out and report back. The city and mountains look very good in the screenshot.
      "

Comment

• I think you already have this version EPW...cities will come later

Comment

• Oh, I thought this included the cities.
          "

Comment

• the download is now in the main files section under modification/graphics...

Comment

• much of this looks really nice. esp the trees and jungle. I'm not sure I like some of the improvement tiles though... like a boat instead of a fish net and something that looks like a mine instead of a port. is this on purpose?.

the trees are a great improvoemnt

another comment... have we overcome the limit of the til file yet? having two sized mountains as being debated earlier may come in handy if we ever improve the map making feature.

also... this is nitpicky (and also a limit of the til file, ,maybe something for the final version) but it would be fun to see some deciduous forests as well (other than jungle). all the forested areas are coniferous (albeit fabulous looking compared to the old forests... they look very realistic compared to the old).

cheers... Matthew
              "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs, and run behind the scenes.
              I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound, activate the window, and watch the world go round."

- from Prime Mover by Rush

Comment

• another thing I've noticed with this tile set: the mini map no longer is color coded for terrain type.

over all i REALLY like the terrain tiles. I think the terrain improvements are a bit hard to tell apart and need to look more like what they are supposed to be. I'm having a hard time recognizing what each one is. They are all so organic looking that sometimes I have a hard time even telling there is an improvement there at all (maybe you wanted it that way...)

The farms are nice looking... but they are a bit large for the scale of the terrain and IMO look out of place as a result (especially when they are right next to a city... huge farm, small city buildings). maybe you could make tiny farms next to the large fields (I would also make the fields look like they have crops in them if I had done this wonderful graphics enhancement).

But of course the details can wait... it must take a lot of time to do something like this. Thanks for your effort.

Matthew
                "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs, and run behind the scenes.
                I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound, activate the window, and watch the world go round."

Comment

• another comment... have we overcome the limit of the til file yet? having two sized mountains as being debated earlier may come in handy if we ever improve the map making feature.
                  Well there is a way of getting larger terrain features, it's called VariationRules (MegaTiles in the code) they are collections of up to 5 tiles in a string (more might work) each tile in the string must have a full side connecting it with the previous tile.

Here are some examples from the original tile file:
                  Attached Files
                  Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                  Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback prime mover

A lot of my improvements come from Rise Of Nations. They looks more city like and probably aren't what you are used to. I don't think I can make new ones from scratch now but if you find any art work that I could use please post here (I think 1602AD and 1503AD games may have some good ports)

As for the farms I'll try and shrink them down and some other touch ups.

But also I'm looking to touch up the rivers and the city expansion improvements (using RoN cities) but these won't be until August or so...

Comment

• np

if i see any good artwork i will let you know.

But also I'm looking to touch up the rivers and the city expansion improvements (using RoN cities) but these won't be until August or so...
                      Great! this reminds me... as has already been said, your tiles are very effective in making the beaches more natural. cant wait to see your river enhancements!

Does anyone know why this tile set ruins the color coded mini-map? (i.e. all green and blue for water instead of patches of brown and white for different types of land terrain)

Comment

• Whenever I used the minimap I got the different colors, maybe you have the map set to show different info?

Comment

• Easy on the eyes.

I think the main thing is every thing is much brighter.The game needed a update in tile graphics and this fits the bill. Now I used the files in the 1.11 version and you know how clumpy the terrain can be at times (mods have improved this by tweaked Const file) well it cleaned it right up. Trees and mountains look much better.Over all very nice update.

Comment

• Does anyone know why this tile set ruins the color coded mini-map? (i.e. all green and blue for water instead of patches of brown and white for different types of land terrain)
                            I'll se if I can find out something, but I don't have much time to do so this and next week, so it will most likely not be within the next two weeks.
                            Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                            Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• It’s in a .txt file in game data.
                              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Awesome E. You da man.

Your time and efforts are much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X