Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protra3211 thanks for the support!

BigMC You want the old and new jungle files? Most of my files donthave the normal naming convention

Also: A slight update. I'm sticking to the lighter jungles and I've touched up my improvements. I think those will be the last bits to work on (as well as fixing the spots on rivers)

see sig for latest
    Last edited by Ekmek; May 28, 2004, 23:19.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Ok I will add it as a secondary terrain tonight for you .
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Your new jungle files are accounted for where are the old ones?
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• BigMc the old jungles aren't necessary for a secondary terrain, I'll like the new ones but here the TGAs:

old snoopy jungles

Comment

• that old jungles aren't that high on my list. I would appreciate a VR rule for the various terrains since I'm basically a moron trying to figure that out and I haven't been putting theserious time into VR.

On another note, if you look at the improvements for the building of tile improvements I've added worker TGAs from Civ3, I'd like to have the old ctp1 workers instead. The new graphics give the worker look without having to move workers around.

How far out do you think it would be to replace some tile TGAs with sprites? we could have a work anim when improvements are being built ( but NOT worker units SAME PW system!)

This probably runs into the animted terrain issue. But maybe Martin the Dane knows why it has to be TGAs loaded for a tile and not sprites (they are just graphic files after all)
            Last edited by Ekmek; May 19, 2004, 12:50.

Comment

• What vrs you thinking of.

Comment

• Variation Rules that let otherterrain graphics like hills and sand dunes look more diverse instead of the same hill repeating over and over. Some terrain sets use the other tiles more, other sem to not use any.

Am I way off on this idea of VRs?

Comment

• But maybe Martin the Dane knows why it has to be TGAs loaded for a tile and not sprites (they are just graphic files after all)
                  Tiles and sprites basically use the same graphical format, but the tiles are still-images while the sprites are movies. As for importing sprites into the TileFile, I think it's to much work for to little gain, after all, you can save the sprite-frames as TGAs and then import them into the TileFile.

The reason I used TGA for the graphical import-format for TileEdit is I'm to lazy to add more than one format, and TGA was the most convenient format. TGA is close to RIM witch is what the non-tile graphics was saved in in ctp1, but noone uses RIM, so that was not an option. They dropped RIM for ctp2 and switched to TGA.
                  Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                  Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin the Dane

Tiles and sprites basically use the same graphical format, but the tiles are still-images while the sprites are movies. As for importing sprites into the TileFile, I think it's to much work for to little gain, after all, you can save the sprite-frames as TGAs and then import them into the TileFile.

The reason I used TGA for the graphical import-format for TileEdit is I'm to lazy to add more than one format, and TGA was the most convenient format. TGA is close to RIM witch is what the non-tile graphics was saved in in ctp1, but noone uses RIM, so that was not an option. They dropped RIM for ctp2 and switched to TGA.
                    I wouldnt call you lazy with all the good work you do. Good info on the sprite vs TGAs. A quick question, if we do import the individual frames of sprite is there away through tileedit or scripting to have those images cycle through like a movie over that tile? (Maybe we should just stick to the non-usable good idea)

Comment

• Sory no animation via TileFiles, you'd have to make sprites, like tradegoods, Martin Gühmann did somthing like that. Else you'll have to persuade those coders to add the ability.
                      Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                      Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• There was talk of making special effects to happen every turn.

Comment

• animating tiles, along with cities (which i see Big Mc, youve already had ago at :P) would be a very nice addition to CTP2

Oh and its abit late,but i certainly prefer the jungles on the left
                          Oxygen should be considered a drug
                          Tiberian Sun Retro
                          My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                          http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                            animating tiles, along with cities (which i see Big Mc, youve already had ago at
                            I got them working all I need is some time and I will make some more

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Mc

I got them working all I need is some time and I will make some more
                              How'd you get them working? as goods? I'm fixing the rivers now. BUt seeing the stuff you are working on I'd think next I'd get into adding waves, riverflows...

Comment

• Animating cities i got working because the city ideal animation starts at the beginning of the turn.

Animated terrain is possible but via slc at the moment and using effect spr files.

Comment

Working...
                                X