X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ekmek
    replied
    UPDATE

21 JUNE 2006 (the 565 file should be 6/13/2006)

I had to correct some tileimps, they had to be below 850 index (the barrier for a tileimp)

it will correspond to my next Civ3mod update

http://apolyton.net/upload/view/2610_E-tile1.15.zip
    Last edited by Ekmek; June 22, 2006, 12:22.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    there's a new version 4-15-2006 out and it has only the 565 file. more touch ups and a tileimp or two.

they all keep the file number 1.15.zip because thats what its linked under in the ctp2 files area

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    there's a new version out and it has only the 565 file. just some touch ups and a tileimp or two.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Dec 16th tiles are linked in the signature.

I fixed te rifts to get rid of the hole which didnt work, now it forms sea jills for diversity (not seen much in game though). Also i took the plunge and changed the swamps to snoopy's style.

also i updated the tileimps to include AOM2. so it should be compatible.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Hey its look like there is come chinese ctp2 website stealing my tiles! i keep getting this email
    WARNING:
    It seems that the following file that you uploaded on our site has
    been linked from a non-Apolyton page, effectively misusing our
    bandwidth.

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?..._Image4imp.jpg

The page that the file was linked from was
    http://www.civclub.net/bbs/dispbbs.a...D=14493&page=1
    (If the url of the page is from Google cache result or some other
    similar service, please ignore this message)

Linking to our files and images(and files and images uploaded on the
    server through our Upload service) is allowed only by pages on our
    site(e.g. pages in our various sections, forum threads, etc).

If you feel you shouldnt be geting this, dont hesitate to contact us.
    http://apolyton.net/about/contact.php

Apolyton Upload Service
    http://apolyton.net/

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    no problem. its appreciated. and let me know if anything else sticks outs.

Leave a comment:

• SCROFT
    replied
    will try to get you SS's soon. Busy this week.

Just trying to help :-)

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    SCROFT thanks,

Not sure what to do with the mountain issue, will check into it.

For the coast tile, yeah making coastal grassland and coast plains may make it difficult but i think its the downside of eliminating the sandy beaches everywhere. Not sure how to fix this, I may increase the line between coast and water. not sure that will solve your problem. any chance you can post a screenshot to show where its real confusing?

Leave a comment:

• SCROFT
    replied
    Few issues I have seen with your set... (dont get me wrong... I love the new set)

starting improvments on mountains (the boxes of construction) - Often will sort under the mountain and you can not see the construction. (after construction is done everything sorts properly)

Beach areas can be hard to tell if its a land tile or a sea tile. (not sure how this can be better done.)

Will look for any more issues. Just started using them and love the new look.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    thanks Protra,

unless you use the new tileimp txt then the terrain graphics will use the old ctp2 ones that did match too well in my opinion. But thanks for trying. I appreciate the feed back and I'm glad you like it!

Leave a comment:

• Protra3211
    replied
    Im using the new tile files with the new playtest. The tiles are sharp and clear bright making the game easy to look at. Clearing away the uneven edges and dark green makes the game look more like a water painting.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Originally posted by Maquiladora
    The only thing that concerns me (and ive said it before) is the overlapping effect can make the fog of war look messy, but i know other people do like it so.
    Thanks Maq, I've elminated most of the old overlapping tiles and now I'm using the borders stuff that Martin the Dane put together to make things flow. The only overlapping should be mountains, forests, hills, and jungles.

I do find little details then and now that I want to tweak. so this will probably never be "finished"

glad youlike the new beaches though, the sandy beaches everywhere has been bothering me since I started and I think I found a somewhat decent solution
    Last edited by Ekmek; July 31, 2005, 22:31.

Leave a comment:

• Protra3211
    replied
    E that is just great. I have to always come back to CTP2 because of the work that is still going on .
    Now I wonder will Civ4 look this good .

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Im still reading E. Like the new coast, looks like a big job but looks great, suits the civ3 tiles a lot better.

The only thing that concerns me (and ive said it before) is the overlapping effect can make the fog of war look messy, but i know other people do like it so.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    hope the silence means that there are no complaints about thenew beaches, dunes, and brown mountains

BTW I added AoM extra stuff to my file so it should be compatible. and for a standard game using the new improvements heres the txt file
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X