Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mods should I get? A newbie guide.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
    Weird. I created it using Winrar.

I created a new one this time using the zip folder function of WinXP:

Nope, still same message???

Hmm..Im tired but will try to figure it out
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• It must be a Vista thingey, I downloaded at work and saved to a jump drive, so I can use later.

Thanks

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Just re-nstalled CtP (after leaving it for several years)

I've installed Patch 1.2 but when trying to install 1.2.1 I get the following message:

"This prgram cannot update the installed version of Civilization-Call to Power because of the following reason:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call to Power\ctp_program\ctp\ctp.exe: unknown version"

I'm using Vista - is this error due to a crap operating system or have I missed something?
        To err is human, to firgive is against government policy

Comment

• I had the same error with XP. I don't know how it was fixed.
          --Higgs

Comment

• Does any one know how to fix the above error? I am currently using windows 7 and have installed the game then installed patch 1.2 and finally tried to run the 1.21 patch. I am getting an error like the post above:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call to Power\ctp_program\ctp\ctp.exe: unknown version

Just i am running 64bit and it is saved under program files x86. any advice on how i should fix this?

I noticed that when i failed to update the file to version 1.2 the same error happened (after a fresh reinstall) so i am wondering if i am not really updating civilizations to version 1.2. Is there a way i could test to see if it is doing anything?
            Last edited by omer30; April 24, 2011, 20:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by omer30 View Post
              Does any one know how to fix the above error? I am currently using windows 7 and have installed the game then installed patch 1.2 and finally tried to run the 1.21 patch. I am getting an error like the post above:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call to Power\ctp_program\ctp\ctp.exe: unknown version

Just i am running 64bit and it is saved under program files x86. any advice on how i should fix this?

I noticed that when i failed to update the file to version 1.2 the same error happened (after a fresh reinstall) so i am wondering if i am not really updating civilizations to version 1.2. Is there a way i could test to see if it is doing anything?
              Did you try installing it in Windows XP compatibility mode?

Comment

• Also, maybe the following thread can help you...

Comment

• Does anyone have a working link to the Apolyton CTP1 pack? So far the ones I've tried lead to an Apolyton invalid page.

Comment

• Never mind, I got it. Thankfully the old Apolyton downloads section is backed up on Web Archive!

Comment

Working...
                    X