Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mods should I get? A newbie guide.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do replace some existing files such as the AI files and const.txt. IIRC, there's detailed information in the MedMod readmes about putting it back to normal.

Comment

thanks buddy, this helps a lot

Comment

my game also does that and i have changed the slic how do you fix this problem??

Comment

Your game alo does what?

Comment

sorry i was reading on the wrong thread ......my game crashes when i try the apolyton scenario after the first unit is built

Comment

In which other thread was that mentioned... I can't find it.

Anyway, if you still need help, with what error (if any) does it crash?

Comment

had porobs

Ive been having probs with the appoltion pack and related add ons. Its fine while im playing the game but when I save the game and try to relod it it carnt find most of the files related to the Harliquen pack. Ive got the med mod and the 1.2 patch the 1.2 hack. Theres no apoltion pack in the med mod. its realy anying becues I like the set up of the pack. the same happens with the Haliquen mod as well. My store bruoght version of the ctp game is the classic series and has the 1.2 patch allready installed what might be happening
                Blessed Be

Comment

Help with mods required

HELP!!
                  I've downloaded the "Visible Wonders" update with Modswappers 1.5. I've put the VW update in the main CTP2 directory alongside the usual data, program, scenarios folders etc..
                  The problem is the Modswapper doesn't pick up the VW mod and offer it as an option.
                  What do I do?

Comment

Re: Help with mods required

Originally posted by dante98765
                    HELP!!
                    I've downloaded the "Visible Wonders" update with Modswappers 1.5. I've put the VW update in the main CTP2 directory alongside the usual data, program, scenarios folders etc..
                    The problem is the Modswapper doesn't pick up the VW mod and offer it as an option.
                    What do I do?
                    You're in the wrong forum, you need to post in the CTP2 forums, probably the CTP2 creation forum .

Comment

I have a question about PBEM combined with the Medieval Pack 4.0 (by that I don't mean playing a med mod scenario but playing a standard non-scenario game after installing the Medieval Pack 4.0).

If I install the 3 different parts of this mod, could I get in trouble with multiplay?

I'm asking this since some of the original files in the folder ctp_data will be replaced during installation and I don't want to have to change back and forth between the original files and the new ones, especially if you have to look for the original files.

Are there any other factors I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Comment

I just started a game with the med mod and I've noticed that there aren't any trenches in the ocean (after using the cheat to show entire map).

However, when I look in the Great Library they are still mentioned. I don't get it. Is this a bug? I like trenches, they give you so much production in undersea cities.

Comment

The medmod will probably give you problems in internet games, but not PBEM ones (unless you have AI players...). I don't know anything about trenches - perhaps you were just unlucky and didn't get any. How large was the map?

Comment

gigantic, but I'll try again and see if it's the same

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't mean trenches I meant rifts, but their still not there.

Comment

Sorry for chainposting but I have a couple of questions. I just changed some values in the const.txt in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_data\default\gamedata

Since the medmod is now using this file is it correct when I say that I don't need to change the const.txt in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\scenarios\MedPack4\default\gamedata

And if that's so, why is it still there? I mean, it's not really needed, is it? Or do both files have to be exactly the same for it to work properly?

Comment

Working...
                                X