X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Originally posted by Gavrushka
    Math, that was distinctly Freudian.. I am beginning to worry about you..
    im sorry.
    got it now. but why do you need only one big rock and not two big rocks then ?

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    Originally posted by Mathemagician
    a big c*** ?

oh... misread
    Math, that was distinctly Freudian.. I am beginning to worry about you..

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    a big c*** ?

oh... misread

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    Three is ideal, I agree with you on that. But as you say, you need a big rock...

Leave a comment:

• filix
    replied
    i get cities as compacted as possible, so every second square on coast, as long as there are two mountains for each city to work. Next time I am online, I will take a shot of a current game and post it after game concluded..

On land I usually compact them for security
    I take always 3 mountains per city (if i find a big rock)

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    i get cities as compacted as possible, so every second square on coast, as long as there are two mountains for each city to work. Next time I am online, I will take a shot of a current game and post it after game concluded..

On land I usually compact them for security

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Originally posted by filix
    It would be good if someone post a picture of a ctp map with a lot of citys. The city placements can be dicussed.
    How close do you built your citys? How much land title do you need per city (on a island game for example)?
    that depends largely on the good count, terrain types, how far away my opponents and the AIs are and how the goods are distributed.
    but i build my first few cities closer together than my later cities. sometimes the first two cities have just one tile in between and later cities are 5 tiles away.

Leave a comment:

• filix
    replied
    It would be good if someone post a picture of a ctp map with a lot of citys. The city placements can be dicussed.
    How close do you built your citys? How much land title do you need per city (on a island game for example)?

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    i meant adaptation in the sense of improvising to the game conditions, opponent, etc...
    i meant diversification in the sense of having some cities specialize in gold, production, maybe even non-trade science or settler breeding pits.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Would you like to post your comments on that.. I take it you refer to the use of science, Gold, infra, and production cities?
    right now i cant think of anything relevant that i havent already posted... what do you have in mind ?

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    Originally posted by Mathemagician
    which brings us again to...
    diversification and adaptation.
    Would you like to post your comments on that.. I take it you refer to the use of science, Gold, infra, and production cities?

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    which brings us again to...
    diversification and adaptation.

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    Originally posted by filix

I buld markets after factories in mountain citys if i have enough time (1v1 gig map big distance/ or "sols cant bomb citys rule" on island game,...). In trade citys earlier of course.
    Good point, and brings something else up.. Your strategy should take into account who you are playing against, as well as the kind of land you are working.

You would only build markets if you were continuing to develop civ instead of going to war.. You build Markets for the science advances it gives you.

I feel though that as Factory output is staggered across many many cities, the extra two turns to put a market up could well be worthwhile as long as plenty of other cities are already churning SOLs..

Leave a comment:

• filix
    replied
    ..Another point to re-mention is that maintenance costs can cripple your science when you build factories.. Try and put a Market in cities with a reasonable gold output (greater than 20?) on the build queue after Factory.. At this point in the game a market should build in 2 or 3 turns.
    I buld markets after factories in mountain citys if i have enough time (1v1 gig map big distance/ or "sols cant bomb citys rule" on island game,...). In trade citys earlier of course.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    re?-inforcements ?
    sometimes a good 'enforcement' is all it needs.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X