Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Members: If you would like your name/info on Clash Team Web Page, put info here>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garth Blore

Current Job: Systems Integrator at AST-A.

Interests: Creating AI's, writing short stories, playing computer games, reading sci/fi or fantasy.

clash job: Technology coder, general dogsbody.

Comment

Can you change my one so it says that I'm doing the Wonders as well?

Cheers,
      Chris
      Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

I'm reposting my status to show my new email address.

Name: Adam Maturin
        Occupation: Full time student, enrolled for Computer-aided Drafting

Hobbies: Study history in my spare time, mainly Greek, Egyptian,and Roman history but some medieval stuff too. Play music, computer strategy games, chess and weightlifting.

Clash: Disease and disaster models and helping out anywhere else I can.

I hope to see Clash develop into a completely customizable game with lots of detail, options and extreme realism, while never sacrificing playability.

My new email address is Toubabo_Koomi@netzero.net

Comment

I'm not sure about my position in this game, but I'll put my information up anyway.

Name:- Chris Seaton
          Clash Post:- Terrain Graphics, you be able to see my work very soon.
          E-mail:- seaburn345@yahoo.com

Comment

P.S. My webpage is :- http://wordsup.homestead.com/clash.html
            Why not visit it, and have a look?
            [This message has been edited by X-Geis (edited February 15, 2000).]

Comment

Hello the Clash team !

Thank you, Mark, to give me a chance to learn a lot while playing at making such a game.

Here are my info:

Laurent Nal
              MS in Computer Science, from U. Aix-Marseille II Luminy, 1991

Occupation: PhD on Algorithms for Game Theory since 3 years (I need some ideas !)and making (e-)business for my small IT firm everywhere I can (but specially in Poland)

Clash Goals: Coding of Economical model

Web Site: http://www.sicom.pl
              Email: laurent@sicom.pl

Comment

Hi Laurent:

An official welcome to the Clash project!

And I Will get you that production function specification soon ... I've just had too much real life recently!

Mark
                Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Uh, hello everyone. This is probably a good a thread as any to introduce myself on.

Right, I'm Reno Diamond, a UK student and official dogsbody to the world in general (aren't we all, sometimes). I'm studying Economics, Psychology, Discrete Maths and Chemistry.

In short, that means that I can work out the most cost-effective way of saying something, work out exactly how to say it for maximum effect, plan out the possible reactions to what I say using graph theory and then watch it do the unexpected and blow up in my face.

I contacted Mark last night and now, here I am, shooting my mouth of about every issue in sight. Don'tcha just hate the way new people act like they own the place? Youth of today, grumble, grumble, grumble.

My background is that I love Civ. And I love Alpha Centauri. That said, I think there's a lot of ways that they could have been improved. And most of my gripes/suggestions have already been thought of here, so someone at least must be working on the same wavelength.

Well, that's enough from me. Bye.
                  All those who believe in psychokinesis - raise my hand.

Comment

The Diamond: Welcome to the Clash project! I'm sure you have a lot of good ideas, and I hope that we will find a way to incorporate them. Check out the Best Way To Get Your Suggestions Implemented in Clash thread.

Unlike you, some of us (especially me) have not taken psychology, and are sometimes not very diplomatic. I apologise in advance for anything I may say that seems insulting, I am just trying to discuss the models and answer questions clearly.

A word of advice from someone who used to be a newbie: Don't try to do everything at once. Each model has an enormous history that anyome making suggestions has to be familiar with. If you try to do something in each model, you will either make uninformed comments or die from reading too much material.

I suggest that you pick one model that you are really interested in, research that model extensively, and work closely with the people currently working on that model. That way your input will be much more helpful and your suggestions will be much more likely to be implemented.
                    [This message has been edited by Richard Bruns (edited June 04, 2000).]

Comment

The Diamond:

I think I welcomed you to the project in another thread, but welcome here too!

Richard:

Excellent advice! Just one thing. We replaced the thread spiel with a link off the web page labelled 'Suggestions', which is more up to date. But thanks very much for your helping out on the project management end, I need all the help I can get!
                      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Well, there are several new team members who probably didn't even know this thread existed, so I'm bumping it up.

Comment

I am Laurent Di Cesare,

I am a French engineer (Ecole Polytechnique and ENSTA degrees) and working as a software developper (also doing some management but that's not the big part).

My interests in civ-like games date from civ1 (playing on a black and white Mac in school) and a deep fondness for world-building (through games and writing).

In Clash I have started coding of the military model.
                          Clash of Civilization team member
                          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Thanks Laurent, I'll wait about a week, and then put whatever new info I have at that point onto the team page.

Comment

Brian Wentzloff

Clash Task: Map AI Coding

Email: wentzloffr@voyager.net

Comment

Brian and Laurent:

Dom has updated the team page and you're now on it...

Glad to make you guys official!

Comment

Working...
                                X