Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no prob with your scale mark so long as every basic tech goes on that scale of 0-100. The problem I have is if we start having techs starts later (ie 30) because with FF techs everything would already be over 100 which IMO would confuse the player. Also we'd have to set up a system of averages for all relevant techs when its developed because since we can't determine the future that well putting arbitrary numbers in to start at is IMO going a little to far. With the 0-X method (X being potetially infinate) then no one has to worry because they know what each level represents basically. IE they know that 10 for Agriculure will represent basically the same level of effort, input, advancement, etc as 10 in electronics.
    Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
    Mitsumi Otohime
    Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

• LGJ:

Okay, so this is just the same issue that we've been debating for months. We both think the other's approach is counterintuitive and will confuse the player. I suggest we just let Richard be the tiebreaker on this one, and start using whichever way he prefers. Once people start using the system we can see if it works okay, or we should try the alternative method.
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

• This thread has reached the 150 post limit, so I have created a new tech thread:

Technology System Version 5.2

Comment

Working...
        X