No announcement yet.

Beyond Alpha Centauri::::::::Discussion Thread 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soveriegn, PM me your ideas to tie up that stand off. I was considering posting a Protectorate post (double word score!) tonight that resolved the Standoff with the "Fleet returning with the prisoners the University seized."

Also, head of Archeology on BH3, Dr. Matthew Bucher finally found the key to activate the "Star-Gateway" (*cough*) near the north pole on BH4. Obviously, the "Star-gateway" is just one way to interpet "stargate".
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Lonestar lives!
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
        Lonestar lives!
        :: Pats Body :::

So I do....
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Sorry I've been gone for so long. Things are starting to get put back together here for the time being. My National Guard Unit is on standby right now so I may be taking a little trip to the desert soon. Funny in a way since right outside the snow is falling down and there is already 3 inches. Glad to see there is life still present on this thread. I have had a post prepared but its on another computer right now. It basically deals with a Spartan station on the fringe being attacked by unknown forces. It will be something that is unexplainable but will compel Kessel to leave Firaxis in order to deal with internal problems resulting from the attack. The Spartans will put themselves on a war footing which may or may not arouse fears from the other goverments. I'm sure the Hive will take note of the rapid build up from the already normally high Spartan estabilishment.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Good to see old faces again! Lonestar & Sprayber.....

Sprayber-Sounds good. I'll have a Hive reaction if/when you are able to post. It'll mostly be internal Hive stuff just in case you get shipped to the desert.

Take Lonestar and Sprayber. And kick some a**!
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

What Franky said. I'm with you all the way, Sprayber!

(Wish it was snowing here.)
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Sprayber, what's your MOS? I'm a Cryptologic Technician (Maintenance) in the Navy on my way to the USS Bunker Hill...which is already in the Gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                  Sprayber, what's your MOS? I'm a Cryptologic Technician (Maintenance) in the Navy on my way to the USS Bunker Hill...which is already in the Gulf.

35F Special electronic device repairer.

night vision goggles
                  thermal imagers for weapons
                  chemical dectors
                  mine dectors
                  gps systems
                  pads - system for artillary spotting (phased out earlier in the 90`s)
                  and some MLRS stuff for the artillary guys

My unit ( one year before i got in) went to Saudi during the first gulf war and stayed there for some 9 months both during desert shield and following desert storm. They moved twice and ended up in inside Iraq near the end of the war. We have the unfortionate destinction of being a non divsional direct support unit that can end up supporting anyone including allied units. There is the possibility that we would go to Korea in the event of some confrontation there since we spent some training time in south korea. I joined the national guard ( state run and controlled) and ended up being sent to Europe for most of our training missions.

edit: be kind for my spelling. i´m using a spanish keyboard and its all rearrainged on me .
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Mat-man, eh? Yessir, I'm suppose to fix a vast array of mostly cool intelligence gathering stuff, but because of my big ole chunk of general electronics knowledge, I will also be called upon to fix copiers and what not.

Comment

Sup guys?

Franky, I'll have to hold off the GHE - Uni story for a bit. I'll prolly get back to the GHE stuff by March, that way, I can have a relaxed pace finishing up the Protectorate story arc. I can't concentrate and focus on so many things all at once.

Besides you're in a state of semi-limbo, correct?

Lonestar, the rough draft of the story is on its way. Some minor editing and stuff, then we're good to go. Prolly by Wed. at the latest.

Sprayber, good to see you again! Go kick some arse!
                      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Put up a small "Interlude", in which Ian plays a small joke on a Morganite Industrial Espionage Agent.

Comment

Sovereign-that's cool, take the time you need to work on other stuff. You're right in that I am in "semi-limbo". I only can access the internet sporadically this semester since my comp at home is fried and they have me moving all over the place at work.

Have a good one, guys.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Lonestar

I was working on the draft of my post about our story arc, then I went back to look over your and my previous posts. Then a couple of serious continuity errors cropped up about fleet actions, now I gotta rewrite 2 sections of my post. URGH!

I guess that's what you get for being absent from BAC for like, 3 or 4 months.

But don't worry, it won't take long, or forever.

Franky

When's your semester end? Just wondering, since after Lonestar and I finish the story arc, I'd like to pick up on the GHE story arc. Is next semester better? or are you off for the summer? I'm taking the summer off.
                            Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

My semester ends in May. As for summer...there's a good chance that I'll graduate if they offer the class I need in the summertime, if not, then I'll have to go back to school in the fall...

But, I'll be checking in to see if I need to post or to catch up on what's going on so don't worry.

Like I said before, I'm staying in BAC

Comment

Well guys, it looks as if the war has finally caught up to me. Maybe I will get a lot of story ideas in my upcomming days. Then again given the nature of the subject matter, it might be better not to have a lot of ideas thrown my way. It's been a pleasure hanging out with you guys. If things go right, I'll be back in the not too distant future.

Comment

Working...
                                X