No announcement yet.

Beyond Alpha Centauri::::::::Discussion Thread 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget the money that's going to be wasted invested in reconstruction.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Was. Turns out there wasn't enough money in the budget to get my ass flown out to the ship (I'm an E-3), so I'm killing time here in Pensacola.

All the money's going to blowing stuff up!
      Somehow, I won't be as lucky when they fly my E-5 ass out of Fort Sill OK.

All of our M-16's, M-203's, and our two M60's are packed in the armory truck and ready to go. Our gear is on pallets and all that awaits is for Saturday to roll around and for us to drive out to Fort Sill. We will spend a week or so there getting even more gear, shots, and maybe some more NBC training. Then we will board the commerical jet chartered for the 224th and we will be on our way to Kuwait or Turkey for our first of many homes.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

Somehow, I won't be as lucky when they fly my E-5 ass out of Fort Sill OK.

All of our M-16's, M-203's, and our two M60's are packed in the armory truck and ready to go. Our gear is on pallets and all that awaits is for Saturday to roll around and for us to drive out to Fort Sill. We will spend a week or so there getting even more gear, shots, and maybe some more NBC training. Then we will board the commerical jet chartered for the 224th and we will be on our way to Kuwait or Turkey for our first of many homes.
        with any luck, you'll get there just in time for "occupation duty".

Hey guys! Post another addition!
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I can't promise anything . . .

Especially since the computer I use for my actual stuff is dead.

Comment

adios

I just wanted to make my last post in a BAC thread. I know its just a story but it is a story that for a while carried me to another place when my real life seemed to be crumbling around me. Through the joy of meeting my fiance to the pain of watching her die, BAC was always a backdrop that I used to write away the turmoil. I understand that in the course of my absence some or all of you all may drift away because of the pressures of real life or a lack of progress in BAC. That's ok. Perhaps in time it will rise back to full strenght.

BAC was never my story. It is the story of Franky, Mr. President, Kass, Sovereign, General Tac, History Guy, Lonestar, Silence, Cybergod and yes even Mellian and Alynzia. All Smac addics with a fertile imagination and a talent for sharing those imaginations. I for on am glad that you all shared.

If I were Marcus Kessel, I would maintain my firm Spartan exterior and simply go away to do my duty. But I am Chris Sprayberry, so I'll allow myself a smile and a small sense of pride at our accomplishment. Keep on writing in some form or another so I'll have plent of Smac stories to catch up on when I get back.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Man....

I'm sorry that you gotta go. But when duty calls, you just gotta pick your self up and do your duty. We'll miss ya Sprayber so take care of yourself and keep on truckin'.

Kick a**.
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Er hello again.
                ;;puffs of smoke as Silence once again reappears;;
                "I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber

Comment

Re: adios

Originally posted by Sprayber
                  I just wanted to make my last post in a BAC thread. I know its just a story but it is a story that for a while carried me to another place when my real life seemed to be crumbling around me. Through the joy of meeting my fiance to the pain of watching her die, BAC was always a backdrop that I used to write away the turmoil. I understand that in the course of my absence some or all of you all may drift away because of the pressures of real life or a lack of progress in BAC. That's ok. Perhaps in time it will rise back to full strenght.

BAC was never my story. It is the story of Franky, Mr. President, Kass, Sovereign, General Tac, History Guy, Lonestar, Silence, Cybergod and yes even Mellian and Alynzia. All Smac addics with a fertile imagination and a talent for sharing those imaginations. I for on am glad that you all shared.

If I were Marcus Kessel, I would maintain my firm Spartan exterior and simply go away to do my duty. But I am Chris Sprayberry, so I'll allow myself a smile and a small sense of pride at our accomplishment. Keep on writing in some form or another so I'll have plent of Smac stories to catch up on when I get back.
                  You got it. But AC-Fiction won't be the same without you. Nonetheless, we'll be here when you get back.

Comment

Where ya been, Silence?

Comment

I been mostly at Spacebattles and the Frontier which has been sucking up most of my time.

I kept on delaying comeing back becuase of each new crisis that would occur, and it was when I came across a google search of somebody asking where I was (from this forum) I decided I should make a post here to proove that I am not dead.

Which in the meantime I figured out what I am going to due to the Believers now.
                      "I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber

Comment

Cool.

When you say "The Frontier" you mean this place, right? I was thinking of joining, but I worried I'd be totally lost. I hate to ask a dumb question, but what goes on over there?

Comment

Yes that would be the place.

What goes on over there? Well instead of a game of BAC in a single thread, there would be an entire forum devoted to it where each of the nations would have a thread for a budget, news, and miltary.

Then a conflict or a story would have its own thread as well.

Currently the Frontier has an open make your own race type of a game of Ad Astra which I haphep to be a moderator of.

It also has a game set in the battletech universe, and several geo-politcal days from various times in history to one set in current affairs.

David Weber

Comment

Silence, you registered with Stardestroyer.net yet?
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

No not really, there is a Cult of Weber missionary over there anyway from what I saw.

I may in the future though.

David Weber

Comment

Bah, I do not care much for Weber. Give me Harry Turtledove anyday!

Comment

Working...
                                X