Beyond Alpha Centauri::::::::Discussion Thread 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silence
    How about Middle East then if I couldn't have US as a sphere of influence?
    I don't see why you couldn't have the U.S. as a sphere of influence - but the interested writers should talk about it.

Ok, WARNING people. My next post is going to be looooong so watch out. I'll try and get everything I missed up until this point, but if not then I'll post an addendum to it.
    No problem.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Emperor Yang made of the Drone probe mission.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Mr. Prez

I'll have later posts which will go more indepth with the survivors....ppl will get to see the inner workings of Hive politics toward *hostile governments.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Is there going to be any Hive reaction to the attempt to kill Menelaus? Presumably Yang would have heard about it by now through the troops he has stationed there.

Comment

• not for a while...the Drone's spying on the Hive as well as the Bree's demands (which will be posted soon) will be on Yang's mind first hand. However, I'll have our intel brief Yang on the Cadre's affairs...he does have a keen interest on who wins the civil war there tho. But the Spartans still have their fleet there if I remember correctly.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Yes. They're still frozen in time waiting for somebody to write up what happens next in orbit...

Comment

• All right....

I have another idea.

The UA will allow the Believers AND the PoM to establish embassies on Earth.

The Believers can establish an embassy complex in Jerusalem on Earth, while the PoM can build an embassy complex in maybe Houston or Dallas in Texas.

I think that way, the 2 interested factions can still have a presence on Earth, while allowing Earth independence to pursure the GHE and UA alliance thing.

How does that sound?

Silence

Perhaps after the stalemate and battle at Earth, your remaining forces could warp to Alpha Centauri, and then do your crusade there. The UA has no interest in Alpha Centauri, so there will be no UA interference at Alpha Centauri or any other planets or territories outside of UA territories, or not involved in planned storylines (like GHE - UA or PoM - UA).

Remember, the UA has bad blood with the Believers due to ideologies (Technology VS Religion) and the Believers assasination of the original Prokhor Zakharov on Chiron, shortly before the "Exodus" of most all the factions.

You can gain territory, I have no problem with that. You could expand in your sphere of influence, or invade the Cyborgs, or some sort of expansion. Earth is the only "sticky" planet, since the UA and Believer interests conflict with the fate of Earth.

I'll go ahead with the story arc. You can let me know if some bits need tweaking or a little changing. We could "play by ear" with this sticky battle story arc, and see where it goes. How's that?

Lonestar

Heh. I'm not too familiar with the Expanded Universe in Star Wars, since it has been about 3 or 4 years since I've read the Expanded Universe books and series. Perhaps when I re-read these books, I'll let you know my opinion on the Spaarti Cloning Cylinders.

IIRC, they were based in Mount Tantiss with Jorrus Cbaoth and Grand Admiral Thrawn was planning on using them to crew his new ships.

BTW, any guesses on who my Admiral Devlin Yezprach is based on?

I'll PM you later, prolly next week about Agent Stone, when me and Silence get up to the ground battles in our posts.

Franky

I'll have the Academician recieve your "dragon" information chip from the "impromptu" embassy in GHE territory, then I'll write the Academician's reply to Yang. All that in the post coming up.

Then when you write your long winded post, you could write Yang's reply to the Academician, and get the ball rolling.

Laters.
              Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sovereign

Lonestar

Heh. I'm not too familiar with the Expanded Universe in Star Wars, since it has been about 3 or 4 years since I've read the Expanded Universe books and series. Perhaps when I re-read these books, I'll let you know my opinion on the Spaarti Cloning Cylinders.

IIRC, they were based in Mount Tantiss with Jorrus Cbaoth and Grand Admiral Thrawn was planning on using them to crew his new ships.

BTW, any guesses on who my Admiral Devlin Yezprach is based on?

I'll PM you later, prolly next week about Agent Stone, when me and Silence get up to the ground battles in our posts.
                Admiral Yezprach? Hmm...white uniform, has an annoying snse of superiority....

Oh! I know! Borsk Frey'la?

Incidently, Admiral(Baron) Soontir Fel is a direct copy of a Imperial Fighter Ace.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Imperial Fighter Ace?

I'm afraid I don't know where or what book or series Imperial Fighter Ace comes from?

BTW, any idea when Lord Ian will recover and kick some arse?

Surely, a Paul Mau'dib character can't stay dead forever.
                  Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

• Sounds good!
                    "I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber

Comment

• I'm thinking of adding an interesting and valuable gift to the Believers at the peace talks. Check your PM.

The post is well underway, I'll have it finished within 30 - 45 minutes.

Comment

• ALLLLLLL RIIIIIGHT!!!

Another post!

Enjoy.

Comment

Imperial Fighter Ace?

I'm afraid I don't know where or what book or series Imperial Fighter Ace comes from?
                          The X-wing series of books.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

BTW, any idea when Lord Ian will recover and kick some arse?

Surely, a Paul Mau'dib character can't stay dead forever.
                            Part of this is to show that the Protectorate is string, even without Lord Protector Ian. He'll be back eventually though.

Comment

• Good post, Sovereign!

Keep 'em coming, everyone.

On a different note, BAC is nearing 300 posts! It must be one of the longest online fan fiction stories ever! (NESs don't count. )
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Just a minor tidbit, the Hunter-Seekers are space subs, not fighters.

Though I am surpised you had Admiral Daala in command, she was sort of incompetent even for a Imperial officer IIRC.

Though I'll get a post done tommorow or friday, with a counter attack if you don't mind.
                                "I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber

Comment

Working...
                                X