Beyond Alpha Centauri:::::::Discussion Thread 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, thanks.

Hm. I think we should check out this "C3DG". Might be a communist brainwashing front.
    You know, this project has done more for my postcount than the combined time I've spent in Democracy Games. We're tempting fate if the moderators ever decide to crack down on the Alpha Centauri zone.
    Maybe we should do some 'budget cutbacks' as an excuse to wipe our old posts... or maybe we should keep them as a monument for posterity.

Comment

• Maybe we should do some 'budget cutbacks' as an excuse to wipe our old posts... or maybe we should keep them as a monument for posterity.
      Like for a "Where Are They Now" sort of thing?
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• What's that?

Comment

• Haven't you seen that? It's where they dig up TV stars from the 80s and show video footage of them handing people large fries and Diet Cokes last week.

Comment

• Haven't you seen that? It's where they dig up TV stars from the 80s and show video footage of them handing people large fries and Diet Cokes last week.
            No, but I don't watch much TV anyway.

Comment

• Hello y'all! prepare for the latest instalments from "Confessions from the Royal Briefing Rooms" I posted a mediocre post, just to fill in about our plans or the so called Algorithm B

And Franky, sorry for taking the p!ss! BTW, the avatar was from some new bands' website, my friend was looking through them (the one's she likes are the likes of Linkin Park, Marylin Manson, Ozzy Osbourne... makes me puke ) and I saw the picture and just froze - avatar, my avatar, where have you been all my (apolyton) life??? So I copy/pasted it in Paint Shop Pro and voila.
              ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
              ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

• You know Cybergod if your faction is anti-hive, the Spartan Federation could be a very powerful ally. Maybe enough to offer protection to any colonly set up.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• I don't know, we have already planed an alliance with the UCS so this would be ackward but alliances in Alpha Centauri are weird anyways so we'll keep good magmanimous relations with you! Actually, we'd like to keep good relations with all the human factions as much as possible and will try to spread our influence in the future. Although we will evade war, we'd love to use covert ops! :naughtygrin:

But we'll see - its nearly midnight - gotta go
                  ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                  ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

• that's all good Cyber.

Spray-already drumming up support? I think it'd be pretty interesting to have complex alliances, just like in the game. That way, things aren't so "cut-and-dry" in the BAC universe.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• And, of course, the GHE *still* doesn't know it's listening post was wiped out....
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Maybe Franky just didn't feel like writing a post about Emperor Yang standing in the middle of the floor saying "I now know that the listening post was wiped out".

Comment

• Something I've been meaning to do is give out a list of other independent worlds.

The Benard Federation:Settled by many groups including PK, Terran, Morgan, and Drone. Large Believer community exists there. Neautral when dealing with other goverments. Suffcient defense force but not much in the way of attack capability. They control the whole system but have few off world holdings.

Concordia CompactSettled originally by Peacekeepers that wanted to get away from the rest of their faction. Eventually settlers from University, some Morganites and Drones have also settled there. Concordia is currently neautral and enjoys diplomatic contact with most goverments. For the most part they have a demorcratic goverment and smallish defense capability.

Devon Free Hold:Decedents of Believer and various colonists. Highly centralized goverment structure. Located near the Cadre homeword.

Minos: Located at the conjuction of Spartan, PK, Believer territory. Minos is a refuge planet. Not much in the way of culture here. Groups stay to themselves and pretty much govern their own small territory. Some groups posses the means to leave the planet at their will but do not posses the means to take over control of planet. There are Believer elements on Minos comprised of monks and missionaries. They are there to bring the faith to the population. No real Planatary government at all. Treaty between Sparta and the PKs prevent any side from claiming Minos. Same treaty has traditionally kept other near by powers from trying as well. Minos is so unimportant that the expense of maintaining control would far outweigh rewards.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Well in honor of my upcomming 20th birthday (which I am calling it the celeberation of 2 decades of Silence)

And the fact that I probably got an free A+ on the philosophy final, I decided to take some free time and write a post. The Hammer of God have been taken care of now.
                            "I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber

Comment

• Spectacular!

Ah, yes, before I forget . . .

Happy Birthday in advance!

Wish I had a free A+

Comment

• Happy Berfday Silence! (pre-birthday, anyway)

Don't party too hard!

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X