No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• > The first upset would be Kody finding my HQ and aiming rovers for it.
    Actually I was salivating over the possibility of trading techs.

>The second upset would be the 30% psych I had to allocate to stop drone riots.
    I had to nervestaple a base this turn. It was easier, causes no ecodamage, and it's not like I'm going to get any trade income anytime soon.

> The third upset would be Kody having the first pop growth and alliance.
    First pop growth was after hours of trawling through forums figuring out how to offset my industry disadvantage. I delayed my base planting to get the faster pop growth.

First meeting was simply because spartans have rovers and the area around my bases is still very dark. I simply headed off in more or less straight line following rivers where ever possible.

Look I'll let you in on a few secrets. With 7 players diplomancy is everything, which means you're doing a pretty good job of making people wary of trading with me by constantly point in my direction. Consequently, instead of laying low in the power graph like I originally intended, I guess I'll have to go for flat out growth.

Also most of the Spartans strength is bluff, make the impression that you're bigger stronger and out to get other people and they'll build more military than they need thus giving them a turn disadvantage. Although from the sounds of things you didn't build any military so the bluffing didn't work at all.

Comment

• Ok I see that Enigma has sent another turn to Jamski. I would like to ask if we could let him use the newest turn. I know this is kind of bending the rules. If it were me I'd let him use it, but I would respect you all's opinion.

If I get a turn I will wait until the situation gets cleared out before I play.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Already used the newest turn. If you want to wait it'll be if you want Enigma to go back to the old turn.

I think Jamski supports Enigma getting back on his feet even if it does mean a reload. I'm fine too since 3 mindworms is a bit of a freak of nature. Needless to vote Enigma is going to vote for the reload.

If you're fine with it Honghu that 4 votes out of 7 means we have a simple majority. Geomodder, Hercules, ChaosTheory can add their opinions and we can discuss it without slowing the turn down too much. A complete replay from Enigma's turn isn't that much of a hassle if one of the others feels strongly.

Comment

• Ahh ok. If that is the case I agree to use Enigma's newest turn.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
            Although from the sounds of things you didn't build any military so the bluffing didn't work at all.
            I made 2 scout patrols right after the formers.

2 of my SPatrols were scouting for Base sites, one was around my base preventing drone riots.
            I didn't expect to be bumrushed by worms... I never get worms spawning to attack me this early in the game!

I was going to devote infrastructure to defence after I got IA.
            Getting this pact-ish thing from Kody means I won't have to do that.
            Operation BEEF will enable me to rebuild my units.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
              Look I'll let you in on a few secrets. With 7 players diplomancy is everything,

PBs are everything. 'diplomancy' is just a way to fortify your boundaries until you get the PBs.

instead of laying low in the power graph like I originally intended, I guess I'll have to go for flat out growth.
              Or just bully them into submission like you did with HongHu.
              Oops I just screwed your 'diplomancy' again.

Better get your units to (HQ) to start the talks!

Comment

• The relationship isn't decided yet, I suppose due to game rules it can't be decided until we meet.

Rather in light of the recent situation I'm giving you my word that I'm not planning on taking you out anytime soon. I haven't really decided yet what to do, my original plan was to avoid you for the next 20 years. Anyway for you that means yes you can devote to infastructure.

__________________________________________________ _______

I didn't expect to be bumrushed by worms... I never get worms spawning to attack me this early in the game!
                Well I've already announced that Spartan Command had a worm attack. Honghu has had multiple worms attack her, and Geomodder said he had a worm attack on his 2nd turn + lots of worm encounters in fungus.

I'm not sure about Believers, but I've noticed they delayed planting their 2nd base by 5 turns. Also they grew rather late compared to other players, it was as if they weren't using their monolith the whole time. Hercules hasn't given a peep either way.

Jamski is the only one that stated he hasn't had random worm encounters yet.

In single player I've actually given up a thinker game because of worms. This was back when I was a little more clueless on handling worms though, and I admit most of the worms were because of pods.

Lets see it when something like this. I think turn 2120 or something.
                - 3 bases - pop pod ... ACK 2 WORMS
                - lost scout patrol that popped pod
                - lost a nearby former
                - brought garrison scout forward to kill worms, lost garrison scout
                - moved garrison from behind base to forward base, attacked worm, killed 1 worm
                - 2nd worm kills scout lose 1 pop from the base
                - unity rover I popped earlier kills worm and I think I'm safe
                - the base I pulled a garrision unit from gets destoried by random worms 1 turn later.
                - built 2 more garrision units, by switching productions. So back to 3 garrisons and 1 unity rover, but down to 2 bases.
                - okay popping that other pod with the unity rover.
                - 2 mindworms, 1 died while attacking rover 2nd kills rover
                - suddenly notice 2 extra worms have appeared off an isle of deep, making that 3 worms against my 3 garrisons.
                - attacked one of the worms coming near by base with a garrison, garrison died.
                - hrmm 2 garrisons 3 worms.

Final tally 7 worms against 6 military units and 1 former. Worms come out with 3 alive (+1 that ate my base) and me only with 2 garrisons left. I figured I'll try a game with low native life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                  You've sent me YOUR turn by mistake. I closed my eyes and hit escape - you should really set a password.

Please resend MY turn.

Thankyou.

-Jam
                  Eh? How did this happen? Minute_Mirage was supposed to have a password already set by me.

Everybody else, your passwords were already set by me at the beginning, correct?
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Once we get all these worm things running around we should be safe.
                    I initially thought these worms were random things, but it is clear they form co-ordinated attacks!

EDIT: Barinthus, that's what happens on a resignation.

Comment

• *nod

Finally read everything - three pages to catch up and I wasn't in mood to read everything then go back to that post to quote it due to slow internet speed that has been afflicting my computer of late.

Glad to see that you're staying in the game, EN.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Consider that Barinthus may have seeded worms near all of us, setting them to lurk for the first ~10 years. I haven't seen any myself yet, but I've only played 2 turns (3rd in about 4 hours).

Also, when more than 2 human players are involved, getting hurt early on doesn't have an exponentially increasing effect if it causes other players to fear you less and deal with you more. The player on top gets screwed by everyone else; the player on bottom, if he's not convenient to crush, gets all the deals.

Assuming Kody could take you out, consider what it would cost him. He'd have to build more units and forego some early infrastructure, and for what? Some crummy bases not very near his HQ? He'd lose out relative to the other 5 players.
                        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                        -BBC news

Comment

• I am so building a sensor next turn. Or I would, if I had a former...
                          I am so building a former next turn. Or I would, if I had Centauri Eco...

Crap, I'm quitting. I'm so far behind the Uni in tech

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• /me considers sending a patrol in CEO Jamski's direction... if only I knew where his bloated bank account was...
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• ChaosTheory, your turn in case you missed it in all the spam.

Consider that Barinthus may have seeded worms near all of us, setting them to lurk for the first ~10 years. I haven't seen any myself yet, but I've only played 2 turns (3rd in about 4 hours).

Also, when more than 2 human players are involved, getting hurt early on doesn't have an exponentially increasing effect if it causes other players to fear you less and deal with you more. The player on top gets screwed by everyone else; the player on bottom, if he's not convenient to crush, gets all the deals.

Assuming Kody could take you out, consider what it would cost him. He'd have to build more units and forego some early infrastructure, and for what? Some crummy bases not very near his HQ? He'd lose out relative to the other 5 players.
                              You know what he's absolutely right. Because of a certain someone constantly drawing attention to me *cough* *cough* it's going to be difficult making new alliances and trades. Whereas Enigma had a non-lethal demise, and hence won't be precieved as much of a danger.

My whole game plan of staying at the bottom of the power chart until just before transcendence then grabbing that SP is in ruins.

Comment

• I'm not submitting to nobody.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X