No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think there is really any need for a vote. It's basically Enigma's desicion I believe. If he decides that he already told us he's quitting then we need to let CMN self destruct his bases and continue with the base. If he decides that he'll put up a fight then he'll finish his turn.

Just give him some time. We all have needed some time one time or the other in our lives.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
      Just give him some time. We all have needed some time one time or the other in our lives.
      For a mere game?

I prefer to undergo the consequences of my actions, even done in a emotional wimp. One only can come out stronger of it.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder

For a mere game?
        Geo! Don't ever come here and ask for time when you are about to go see some of your lady acquaintances in Australia or Antarctica or whatever just before you receive your turn.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Some disclaimers are in order here:

First of all, lady acquintances is grossly overstated, secondly, there will simply be no need to ask for extra time 'cause at the very least I will ensure that a replacement is available, or my faction open for a first come, first serve replacement.
          Man, am I stiff here today...
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Well actually I agree with Geomodder that it should be taken as a mere game.

However, Honghu is right in that we have to treat this seriously. Just because you think something is not important doesn't mean other people hold the same viewpoint. It's sort of like seeing a old car and saying what a piece of junk that is, then turning around and seeing the look of disappointment on the face of that 16 year old who had spent 2 months working in macdonalds to buy it himself.

Don't think it only cuts one way, for example you may finish some big business report, and if you showed it to that same 16 year old his comment might be "what a waste of time".

Different people hold different things as important and you need to remember that when dealing with other people. I think Enigma among others here considers his games important, so that means it would be a good idea to give him some oppourtunity to retract his resignation.

Comment

• *peeks in*

Wow, a lot has happened as of late. I'm surprised Enigma quit after losing some formers. You can always rebuild them.

Looks like things are getting very interesting here...
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• At this rate we'll need a third turn tracking thread.

The spam seems to always follow where I go, and I'm probably only generating a third of it.

Comment

• As HongHu stated before, if he's allowed to replay his turn, the outcome will almost for sure be different since he might not even encounter those mindworms again. I lost a unit as well this turn, do you hear me screamin' about things being unfair and making a lot of noise for, frankly, nothing? I'm not happy with this either, but at least I can accept such a bad roll of dices.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
                    The spam seems to always follow where I go, and I'm probably only generating a third of it.
                    /me is now even more to have the opportunity for a prolonged peek in the Hive private Forum...
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• What are you interested in seeing?

Comment

• The in your keel perhaps?
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• well, i did say i want to keep an eye on whats happening.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• So... we give EN what... 24 hours? To let us know if he's a quitter or a fighter.

Yeah?

And after that, I'll send the turn to the CMN to self-destruct everything and return it to me.

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Very well. I'll get one shot at this and one shot only.

-garrisons Colony Pod in University Base-

If that pod can stand against the mindworm, I'll survive. If it cannot, I'm sunk.
                              Personally I don't like my odds, so a resignation was in order. If it means so much to you, I'll play on and prove I can't recover from this.

Now to illustrate the cowardice of a parthian shot.
                              I have called people slow, I have called people dimwitted, but never have I called someone emotionallly retarded.
                              I won't win the fight against the mindworms, but my issue here is no longer with the mindworms.
                              Last edited by Enigma_Nova; June 8, 2004, 17:27.

Comment

• You guys! I merely said give Enigma some time to think about it. What's so serious about it? When you are young you are allowed to get frustrated over little things ok? Like any of you haven't cried once when your first serious drawing was tored by a careless little brother.

Originally posted by Kody
                                you may finish some big business report, and if you showed it to that same 16 year old his comment might be "what a waste of time".
                                Oh yeah, what a waste of time.

And Geo, you are 30 years old ok (or older or something like that yeah yeah you were born in 1969 I know I know), quit whining about your lost scout.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X