X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooh certainly sounds exciting
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• First emotion was stunned, to be honest. And how about you? You seem rather low in the graphs?
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Ooh a pod earthquake. Neato. Can't wait to see it

Comment

• yeah I made some bad decisions and terrain is... interesting. It's more of my playing skill probably than the map.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• This become more and more intriguing. Could I see a save file?
            Mart
            Map creation contest
            WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• 2124 to Sankis and mart7x5.

---

Seismic Observations, M.Y. 2123
              Scout Patrol unit #RU-RR2 has reported significant seismic activity in sector E8+ (exact coordinates [60,48]). While an extra reconnaissance team has been dispatched rumours say that Chrion itself is disturbed by its human incursors. Doctor Rubin has officially declared such speculations nonsense and has issued a herecy-warning to anyone who speculates in non-scientific, illogical and irrational phenomena. "This", Doctor Rubin said, "was the main reason for the total destruction of our former home, planet Earth." As a direct result University scientists have initiated plans for unveiling the secrets of the human brain--a project vital to human survival on Chiron--or any other habitable planet.

Rubin University, public report summary
              Last edited by Rubin; April 17, 2004, 23:17.

Comment

• Turn to Aeolus.
                ---

"What the hell do you mean a new mountain has risen from the ocean? Where? How?" Sankis shouted.

"I mean...a mountain has risen from the ocean. We recieved a report from one ofour scouts on the Atlantean border earlier today. He stated that at the coordinates [60,48] a large landmass suddenly appeared on his sensors as he started to head south." Said the Nautilus Second in command.

"Could it be a the sensors? We are using fairly new technology, there could be bugs in the system." Sankis stated.

"Uh...no sir. He also stated that he immediately headed back north after noticing it. He saw it with his own two eyes." Cecil replied.

Sankis leaned back into his chair. So much has been happening these last 24 years. From border disputes, Creatures in the sea that attack with their minds now with the threat of war against Yang and his "hive".

"How are our colonization efforts?" Sankis inquired.

"They are proceeding well. Our latest pod has left Port Royale not long ago, headed for the Nautilus Kelp Fields."

"Good, good...What about the construction of our Gunships?"

"They should be completed within the next two years."

"And our Laser Infantry?"

"They should be ready in 2 years as well."

"Good everything is progressing well...You are dismissed"

With that, Cecil nodded and left the Captain's chambers.

Comment

• Oh, for future reference:

How does probing work in PBEMs? I know its bugged, and that the failure message doesn't go to the victim.

Theres 3(?) different types of outcomes with probes:

Success, Escaped
                  Success, Killed
                  Failure, Killed

I'm assuming that unless I get the "Success, Escaped" outcome I have to inform the person I tried to probe that I tried to do whatever to them and failed or am I totally off?

thanks.

Comment

• Sankis: Unless you have a vendetta against the target you are to inform the player (if human) of what is was you did with the probe and where you did it (even if you failed the probe attempt). If you subsequently are asked (a pop-up) if you want to declare vendetta you MUST choose YES! However, if the target has agreed to your probe activity you should choose NO!

Please note that I do not believe infiltration attempts are included in all of this. That is to say, only offensive probe actions are to be considered.

I think that's all there is to it. Failure or success are irrelevant to the 'bug'.

Comment

• Geo it's your turn now.

Rubin, to clarify this... if I used a probe team to infiltrate a faction, I do not have to notify the player of this?

But if I was to use a probe team for something else, I have to inform the player regardless if I failed or succeed? Or only if I failed?
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• 2124 on to Rubin

Barinthus:

infiltration: no need to notify a player, should happen automatically.
                        Any other probe action: if the screen pops up giving you a choice to go vendetta or ignore, always choose vendetta. If such a screen does not pop up, call yourself lucky

Reread the rules html, it's explained inthere.
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 2125 to Sankis.

Comment

• Thanks, Geo. Will pay a visit to the html file again, has been a while.
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Turn to Angels.

Turns are progressing nicely.

Comment

• Turn to Geo
                                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                                X