Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Style to celebrate Apolyton's 100,000th member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Style to celebrate Apolyton's 100,000th member!

On June 15th soaringwren was registrated as the 100,000th member of Apolyton Civlization Site!
    Psycho_Will (nr 99,999) and Henrik93 (nr 100,001) just missed the opportunity to gain eternal fame. Congratulations to soaringwren, you won the special: "Apolyton's 100,000th member" custom forum title.

To celebrate this huge achievement, which can only be credited to all 99,999 members that registrated before soaringwren, a new Forum Style has been released.
    Alex 'OzzyKP' Koroknay-Palicz created the 'Apolyton Ash' style for Apolyton. The 'Apolyton Civilization Site' logo has been re-created for this style by Viktor 'Gramphos' Griph.
    Thanks a lot OzzyKP and Gramphos! Your work is really appreciated.

Thanks to all for being a member of Apolyton Civilization Site!
    Keep on civin'

Robert Plomp
    Last edited by Robert; June 17, 2009, 11:12.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

The buttons on this new style is waaaaaaaay too big.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Actually, when at it: Is it possible to make wide skins which doesn't mess up the poster info(name, title etc)?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Is there an EW version?
        It reminded me of CFC.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Watch soaringwren turn out to be a DL.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I suppose I'll try Ash for a couple days, then probably go back to 2.0 Extra Wide.

Comment

Nice of you to name a theme after me. Shame it's ugly.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                Is there an EW version?
                It reminded me of CFC.
                indeed.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Nice of you to name a theme after me. Shame it's ugly.
                  Haha, certainly wasn't named after you. But several people had requested a darker skin, so I made one.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Colors are nice, but I would like a lighter version.

Also, I think the font chosen for the buttons does not fit with the rest of the style.

Also the background for the current forum position does not work, and the dark red text is hard to read

(also the "loading" graphic used for AJAX is poorly seen against the dark grey post bg color)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Please, can we just have some decent size buttons on it?

Also, red and black clashes; blue (and maybe green) fits better with black. The grey is also really bright due to the contrast, so if that could be darkened, it would help reading the grey font much easier.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

this text should be white
                        Attached Files

Comment

the theme is generally good, and i think with minor tweaks it can be excellent

another comment:
                          first graphic has too little contrast

second graphic has too much contrast (especially due to the underlines calling even more attention to the bright white)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Could we have one with the red banners on the extra wide 2.0 style? Red and not green?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              The buttons on this new style is waaaaaaaay too big.
                              i agree...the buttons for "new reply" "quote" "Multi" etc. are a little too large

Originally posted by Sirotnikov View Post
                              this text should be white
                              i agree...the black text is still readable, but it would be easier to read if it were white...

overall, though, i like the style! great job!!!
                              "Like Joseph Stalin, and Gandhi.
                              I'm the Cult of Personality,
                              Cult of Personality,
                              Cult of Personality." ~ "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

Comment

Working...
                              X