Technical 10,000th Member Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical 10,000th Member Milestone

Technical 100,000th Member Milestone... How embarrassing, I left off a digit in the title.

"temporaryuser" (April 14, 2009)

I would hope that he'll stick around, but his appellation indicates otherwise
    Oh well.

Congratulations Apolyton!

~DC.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Oh, I now believe in God.

100,000th member is "temporaryuser" given the hubub over the site dying?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Not quite -- the member ID number is a bit higher than the actual registered user count. But we're getting there!
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Aren't most of those members spambots? (and no I don't mean Asher )

Comment

Hold off the celebrations until there's an actual 100kth user. We typically measure it by the registered member count on the main forum page, which is currently at 99476.

The discrepancy exists due to several factors, I think one of the bigger contributors was the migration from UBB to vB in 2001. A bunch of old posters technically got transferred to new accounts, including the then-admins, if I recall correctly. I know Markos for sure had his pre-vB posts appear as an nonexistent user, other posters like that contribute to this discrepancy. Spambots, however, don't.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

-Thus the Technical 100,000th user.
            If it was the real 100,000th user, I would have noted... we are also approaching milestones in posts and topics (!)
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

300K Threads!
              (Although many many more have been deleted to clear server space in the past. )
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

indeed.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
                  we are also approaching milestones in posts and topics (!)

You mean we're actually going to get posts and topics that are meaningful?
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

KH was also deity number 60.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                    X