Next from Firaxis, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next from Firaxis, please

What would you like Firaxis to update next?

Civ 5
    Col 2
    SMAC 2
    CIVILIZATION 5
    5.71%
    COLONIZATION 2
    28.57%
    ALPHA CENTAURI 2
    54.29%
    OTHER
    11.43%
    Tim Bromige

Col 2 (And apparently there might be some hope for that, too.)
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

I voted COL2 just because they would screw up SMAC2 and CIV5 is blah
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I'd prefer a follow-up to SMAC. That game had a lot of unfulfilled potential. Colonization was a great game too, but I don't really see what could be improved on it except of new graphics.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Col 2 could have random maps and countries, new resources and products, etc.

I'm with Kat, afraid they'd screw up SMAC2
          But there would be more of a market for SMAC2 and that would be a better business decision.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Of course, the first Firaxis will make now, is a Civ4 XP. But after that, I hope they'll make SMAC2.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I voted Other, Master of Magic 2.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

civ5 plz.
                SMAC is just civ on AC. Civ on Earth is always better
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I voted SMAC2 even though I know it would likely be screw it up just because I think I'd enjoy it more. CivV could be worth seeing though...

"You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                  Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Too bad Firaxis themselves already beat you to this poll.

Code:
                    43%	 	Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri	
                    1%	 	Sid Meier’s Sim Golf	
                    1%	 	Sid Meier’s Gettysburg!	
                    31%	 	Sid Meier’s Colonization	
                    1%	 	Sid Meier’s Covert Action	
                    3%	 	Sid Meier’s Railroad Tycoon	
                    1%	 	Gunship	
                    1%	 	F-19 Stealth Fighter	
                    1%	 	Red Storm Rising	
                    11%	 	Silent Service	
                    8%	 	I don’t care about remakes, give me something new!
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      civ5 plz.
                      SMAC is just civ on AC. Civ on Earth is always better
                      One of the biggest reasons I'd like to see a follow-up on SMAC is exactly because I'm annoyed it's basically Civ2 on AC. Recreate that atmosphere and develop a game-specific engine, I say.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢

One of the biggest reasons I'd like to see a follow-up on SMAC is exactly because I'm annoyed it's basically Civ2 on AC. Recreate that atmosphere and develop a game-specific engine, I say.

Very well said.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

COLONIZATION 2!!!
                          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            Too bad Firaxis themselves already beat you to this poll.

Code:
                            43%	 	Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri	
                            1%	 	Sid Meier’s Sim Golf	
                            1%	 	Sid Meier’s Gettysburg!	
                            31%	 	Sid Meier’s Colonization	
                            1%	 	Sid Meier’s Covert Action	
                            3%	 	Sid Meier’s Railroad Tycoon	
                            1%	 	Gunship	
                            1%	 	F-19 Stealth Fighter	
                            1%	 	Red Storm Rising	
                            11%	 	Silent Service	
                            8%	 	I don’t care about remakes, give me something new!
                            It's not as if civ5 is on this list........
                            In a normal situation people would vote for civ5.
                            Only SMAC dinosaurs on poly vote for SMAC2.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

It's waaay too early for a Civ5, both logically and financially. The logical thing now would be for Firaxis to make a completely new game or a sequel to an old one. I for one hope they make a sequel to SMAC. And somehow I fail to see myself as a dinosaur.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X