Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No geek pics"

Vel won't appreciate that.

Generally speaking, however, that's a better layout IMO - why exactly is dinosaurs still on this site anyway, let alone on the front page?
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Incidentally, and I know its only 18 hours old, but the first news item at http://civilization4.net/ has completely fubared the link to the interview. And, consequently, the entire paragraph.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

IW for president

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          Incidentally, and I know its only 18 hours old, but the first news item at http://civilization4.net/ has completely fubared the link to the interview. And, consequently, the entire paragraph.
          Corrected.

--------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I think you should just change the front page to the one with IW and Duke's scribbles on it. That would generate more attention.

Comment

I'm with.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

NO ****IN WAY - I JUST FOUND OUT IM BORN ON THE SAME DAY AS GEORGE W BUSH.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Well that was random.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Any feedback from on high for our suggestions?
                    And we're quite used to "bugger off, it's none of your business", so don't feel you have to be nice to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                      NO ****IN WAY - I JUST FOUND OUT IM BORN ON THE SAME DAY AS GEORGE W BUSH.
                      Nice threadjack.

Comment

Here's what I was talking about.

Where's Civ IV even mentioned in the actual directory?
                        Attached Files
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

And this:
                          Attached Files
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

when we are at it, I would think that a wider central column with more data inside - like partial text and titles is much more readable and noob friendls comparing to the current "long time" layout of large left hand/right hand side "info columns" and the main content hidden behind the images.

If you look most major news sites, bloge etc have a different layout precisely because of readability and noob friendliness.

So overall the whole front page would be better off with a wider central section and the page could be a bit longer to allow a bit of scrolling on a 1280*1024 resolution (bit more on lower ones)...
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

and to add --- the forums now are A LOT more responsive than at the time I oroginally stopped coming daily, and during all my visits up to now that I remember... that was one of the main reasons for slowing down my visits here...

It is really responsive nowdays - great job
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X