Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has something changed in How Apolyton is coded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example:

Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I too have the "attachment.php" problem, using IE 6 and have not had the problem ever (I last time downloaded something ~ 2 weeks ago).
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I have nothing more to add. My self-proclaimed network technicianship only goes so far
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

the issues were casued by the page-compression mechanism which has been disabled...
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            the issues were casued by the page-compression mechanism which has been disabled...
            Thanks Markos. But in the spirit of "trust, but verify", a test of the PBEM download produced the same problem, a file named "attachment.php". However, knowing Apolyton had taken action, I decide to clean the dreck out of my browser, and that did solve the problem. So.....for those still experiencing the "file name problem" (which, nod to Zoidberg, is probably an IE-only issue), here's how to solve it:

1) Tools, Internet Options opens the configuration box.

2) Click the "Clear History" button and then "OK".

3) Close the browser, open up and try to download a file. If the problem persists, repeat Step #1.

4) Now click the "Delete Cookies" and "Delete Files" buttons and then "OK".

5) Close the browser, reopen, login to Apolyton, and you'll have no problem.

(NOTE: I did all three of those at once and that solved the problem, but I think only one of the buttons is actually necessary.....but I'm not sure which!)
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Ok good -- glad to get an answer and I think this thread can die now
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'd first like to thank MarkG for solving the issue.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                X