Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has something changed in How Apolyton is coded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has something changed in How Apolyton is coded?

Seriously . . . In the past 48 hours I have tried to access apolyton from 3 different computers-- all of which I have used to access poly in the past.

The one I am on is fine with no discerible difference than usual.

BUT TWO other computers ( my home one and one at my work's internet cafe) have the same problem. I can get to the main page ok and see the lists of forums but clicking into anything shows me a download message asking me to either open or save a file with a name something like "php". neither opening or saving does anything to get me into a forum.

If this were on one computer I would think I was the cause. But on TWO completely unrelated computers I figure something must have changed at poly-- So . . . any ideas what the heck is going on and how I can fix it?
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Sounds like a popup to me. I don't have that problem.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

You should have downloaded the ".php" and sent to closest hacker around - then we'd not see Poly again for some time..
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

You evil, evil, evil man!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have had the same problem on my work PC. Please help us Dan and Mark. We'll turn into interesting, ordinary human beings if we can't get our fix!

Comment

This problem is not affecting me.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
              I have had the same problem on my work PC. Please help us Dan and Mark. We'll turn into interesting, ordinary human beings if we can't get our fix!
              ditto for me at work, I assumed it was something our IT department had done, not something Apolyton had done.

I am strangely pleased to hear that others are having the same problem as I was considering whether I should ask IT to allow me access again, as I only access the site on Lunch and my breaks of course

/me

Edit: By the way, I use Internet Explorer at work and at home. Home is fine (version 6.0), work isn't, not sure what version number.
              Last edited by Sparrowhawk; July 14, 2005, 16:31.
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                This problem is not affecting me.
                You had to post to point that out?
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It doesn't affect me either.

Comment

How considerate of you, Spikie
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I have the same problem, it started a couple of days ago. I normally use Explorer, but I've had to go back to my old Netscape to access Apolyton. It's the only site where I have this problem.
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I use internet explorer at all places ( not sure of version #) but I had no problem at all 3 places one day and then next day, 2 of 3 places I had no access. Work might have changed something but I don't think anything changed at home.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I havbe accessed poly from 3 different computers the last 3 days, all with Firefox, and no problems so far. Scrap IE I say!
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I get the same trouble from work, which uses explorer as a default. No problems if I switch it to netscape from there.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Sure its not being blocked?
                              (+1)

Comment

Working...
                              X