Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has something changed in How Apolyton is coded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems highly unlikely that several of us would all be blocked from Apolyton at the same time (the last few days).

But then again it wasn't a serious question was it? Merely a threadjack and as your sig suggests, another +1?

/me

Edit: By the way, I checked at work and IE is also version 6.0 there (same as at home). Home works and Work doesn't work therefore it must be something more then just the version of IE I think
    Last edited by Sparrowhawk; July 15, 2005, 19:07.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Clearly, I've not had any such issues.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I just had this problem...it happened in both IE6 and FF1.0.4 for a few minutes, then went back to normal. I downloaded the "php" file, but it's a binary...

Oops...not quite normal; I'm also now getting a few misc. characters at the top of every page, before the doctype tag opens.

edit: the binary was the gzipped page.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

And now everything is normal again.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

it might be solved...
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

But you are not sure?

Comment

I thank Markos. Everything is normal again.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  But you are not sure?
                  i couldnt reproduce the problem on any pc/browser i had availiable so i couldnt say if what i did had any effect
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Sounds solved to me!
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      it might be solved...
                      I'll let you know on Monday.

Comment

Hmmmm. I just tried to download one of the posted games in our Civ2 PBEM, and it tries to save it as "attachment.php". The same name appears for ANY download, even those which worked in the past.
                        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

I believe Mihai mentioned the same problem to me on ICQ...however I saw him posting here relatively recently so I presume he must have resolved it...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Mark G, I was able to access Apolyton from work today

Thanks for your quick attention to this matter, the shakes have already started to subside

As for the problem Kull identifies above, I attempted to download a game file from the PBEM in question and did not experience any difficulties.

/me
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'm experiencing the same problem with attachment.php
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

And the next person looking for a +1 is going to get a big minus instead...
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X