No announcement yet.

Settler III Bug Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lol smilie with Xmas hat strikes again!

Here he is
    Attached Files
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      please use the apolyton.net address not the IP one
      Speaking of which, would it be possible for the other addresses with which we can access Apolyton (www.apolyton.net and the standard IP address) to redirect to apolyton.net just as moo3.net does. That would be good.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I can't get to upload a file using the upload feature.

The file is 1.6Mb and while it seems to work at first it always says "Document contains no data" in Firefox (1.0.3) or gives a site unavailable error in IE 6 after some time. My connection is not the fastest I know.. but this timeout is ridiculous.
        How can I get to upload that thing?

Opera 8 almost immediately tells me:
        Request Entity Too Large
        The requested resource
        /upload/index.php
        does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
        The file is a zip and is exactly 1,711,605 bytes large.

I tried with a smaller file (50kb) and it worked. Just this one will not want to upload.
        Last edited by Atahualpa; May 2, 2005, 15:29.

Comment

There seems to be a bug whereby Solver never does anything to warrant his interview chief title.

Oh, wait, it is not a new bug.

Comment

My title says "...of something" and I do indeed do something .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Not that title.

Comment

Argghh now I split the zip file up into parts of 500kb each (with 700kb it wouldn't upload them as well), but I still cannot upload them because now .z01 is not a supported extension!! aaaaaaaaaaaaa how much more stupid can this get!?!!

Okay... after manually creating 4 different zip files with each under 500kb I could finally upload them.
                I still wonder why the limit is 500kb and not 5MB as stated on same page? Maybe there is a 0 missing?
                Last edited by Atahualpa; May 2, 2005, 19:41.

Comment

Directory files don't download (though that may just be because the hosted sites are still down).

Originally posted by Solver
                  My title says "...of something" and I do indeed do something .
                  Well, let us know when you do
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    Clock is still an hour ahead.
                    I've noticed this too. Is it because the server adjusts for daylight saving based on it's location? If so, why doesn't the server use UTC and makes adjustments from there.
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Is the report news link broken? I reported a possible news item a couple of days ago, about Soren Johnson answering and commenting on Civ4 over at the Civ4 forum, but didn't get any reply as I've got before, and I haven't seen it mentioned in the news either.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        Is the report news link broken? I reported a possible news item a couple of days ago, about Soren Johnson answering and commenting on Civ4 over at the Civ4 forum, but didn't get any reply as I've got before, and I haven't seen it mentioned in the news either.
                        1) Yes, still down.
                        2) It was an extremely tiny tidbit (or rather 2 extremely tiny tidbits), I considered it and even tried writing a news item but there wasn't really enough info. Note *every* single post by a game designer is worthy of its own news item
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

No, I know that. My report was basically meant as a question whether the function worked, and the Soren part was just additional info in case it was seen as interesting enough.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                            Argghh now I split the zip file up into parts of 500kb each (with 700kb it wouldn't upload them as well), but I still cannot upload them because now .z01 is not a supported extension!! aaaaaaaaaaaaa how much more stupid can this get!?!!

Okay... after manually creating 4 different zip files with each under 500kb I could finally upload them.
                            I still wonder why the limit is 500kb and not 5MB as stated on same page? Maybe there is a 0 missing?
                            we are having the same hassle in the Civ III Demo Game - Rome

all saves are over 500kb now

any ideas on a fix for this
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Markos

Also the strange thing is that Opera knows immediately, before the upload, that the file is too large, but IE and Firefox try some time nevertheless.

Comment

Premonition is the new Opera feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X