No announcement yet.

Settler III Bug Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed it is, I just it for the first time in a long while and was pleasantly surprised.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Honestly, a numerical adress is not good, especially compared to apolyton.net/forums, which is easy to remember.
      Hey, don't blame it on Markos if your DNS server is slacking

Originally posted by Master Zen
      well, call it an anti-bug
      Also known as a feature
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        The clock is off by 2 hours.
        And still is
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is what my browser shows:

When I go to apolyton.net/forums I get the message "We've moved!"

EDIT: Isn't that typical... Now it suddenly works...!
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by jasev
            Where you see:
            "ma?ana estaremos medio d?a o algo m?s"
            you should see:
            "mañana estaremos medio día o algo más"

Edit: The same with ü: therefore the trouble with Martin Gühmann.
            That's because Apolyton seems to default to Greek encoding now. That is, it's serving pages as ISO-8859-7 rather than Western European ISO-8859-1. (This need only make sense to MarkG)

You can temporarily fix it in your browser by changing the Character Encoding. In IE that's View > Encoding > Western European (ISO), in Firefox it's View > Character Encoding > Western (ISO-8859-1).
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Are you a pro Mercator?
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Stop EVERYTHING!!!

My thread 'If you are single you are single by choice' has vanished! The effects of the lives of the likes of Dissident and Provost Harrison might be incalculable!

Anyone know what happened to it?

Ming?
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You should have used your own name...

Comment

Which one are you?

Comment

If you aren't already aware of it, there also seems to be a problem in displaying the 3 special Danish characters

æ, Æ
                      ø, Ø
                      å, Å

- those are the wrong ones (lower case followed by capital), unfortunately I don't know how to show you the proper ones. I hope you can figure it out somehow.

Comment

There seems to be a problem when posting long urls.

(I apologise for making this tread page wide)

The first is the correct url, yet when I post the link, it gets changed to the second link -
                        (prefix with http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050429/pl_afp/)

italyusiraqsatellite_050429162837;_ylt=Arjg3cLaI9S skuMfdpXZv8GsOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVR PUCUl

%20italyusiraqsatellite_050429162837;_ylt=Arjg3cLa I9S%3Cbr%20/%3E%20skuMfdpXZv8GsOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlY wMlJVR%3Cbr%20/%3EPUCUl
                        Last edited by Qilue; April 29, 2005, 22:08.
                        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                          Are you a pro Mercator?
                          No. I'm just smart enough to know where to look in my browser to see what the problem is.

@Winston: See my previous post. It's all the same thing. It's not a problem specific to any particular language, let alone specific characters. It's just one wrong setting that makes all non-standard characters go screwy.

* mumbles something about Unicode *
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Ok, I see, thanks Mercator. Let's hope Markos finds and presses the right button sometime soon.

Comment

I notice my status has changed to 'Emperor', please change it back to diety, thanks.

Comment

the server is on chicago time. which timezone is 2 hours forward to it?
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X