Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And as an englishman(i'm asuming you are one), you can be thankfull to the welsh longbow man. Without him the english would have most likely been French(properly french, not just 1066 french ), probably not beaten the Scots, and not had its position of power established in the middle ages from which to build its empire.
    "
    Very true CoT. Keep reminding the Poms. If the Welsh made cricket bats, maybe the English might be able to play cricket properly as well

So how's AoM coming along? I can see a lot of folks i know from here in the credits and acknowledgments. So who are the main benificaries of any donations, directly for AoM?
    A lot of the acknowledgements are for indirect help, units or ideas I used. Many have not been on the CTP2 forums for years and most did not answer to an offer of a complimentary disc.

I am not thinking past trying to recoup my direct out of pocket expenses (i.e. money spent since December). This includes.
    Business registration.
    Domain Registration.
    Copywright application.
    (The above three were insurance against Activision Aust or USA trying something sneaky as the Australian office were particularly unhelpful to the point of being nasty).
    Webs site hosting for 1 year.
    Bulk purchase of 100 burned discs with cases.
    100 disc holders for posting.
    30 CTP2 games purchased to make sure interested people could play, if they did not have the actual game.

I have sold 3 of the CTP2 games. So I have a long way to go.

The donations will help my wife smile which will give me time to support AOM and develop a couple more ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by stankarp
      edit......

The donations will help my wife smile which will give me time to support AOM and develop a couple more ideas.
      i'm sure you'll eventually shift those copies of ctp2(might take a while though!), and i guess people will get around to getting AoM once the word starts to filter out about it

I can hardly wait to get mine
      luckily i got pleanty to do until it arrives, then i'll take a bit a time off to see what you've been up to
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by child of Thor

And as an englishman(i'm asuming you are one), you can be thankfull to the welsh longbow man. Without him the english would have most likely been French(properly french, not just 1066 french )
        Je ne comprends pas.

Comment

• Some new units for AOM...
          Attached Files
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• sweet sweet sugar Hex those are very nice - your work?

And at the good Dr. At least you dont deny it

oh and if you want to see what AoM is like sometime( i dont think you have CTP2?), then i'll give you a shout when i get it - maybe we could arrange another game meet?(that i'll hopefuly be able to host or something).
            Last edited by child of Thor; April 13, 2005, 06:59.
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

• Here are the improved graphics for the visible wonders that appear on your mainmap when you build them...
              Attached Files
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

• Those are excellent Hex, they match a lot more.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by child of Thor
                  And at the good Dr. At least you dont deny it

oh and if you want to see what AoM is like sometime( i dont think you have CTP2?), then i'll give you a shout when i get it - maybe we could arrange another game meet?(that i'll hopefuly be able to host or something).
                  Maybe. I've had my fill of disreputable scoundrels at my place.

Comment

• Originally posted by hexagonian
                    Here are the improved graphics for the visible wonders that appear on your mainmap when you build them...
                    Very nice

Are all the tileIDs still compatible with previous mods? Can we use the AoM tile file as the "standard" tile file?
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• AFAIK no tile numbers or index numbers were changed so it is totally compatible with all mods.

Comment

• You should be OK regarding the Tile Improvements being compatible with all other Mods, but do not hold me to that...

The one TI that may be different is the Watchtower. In the vanilla game, it was the partial build of the endgame Obelisk.

I did not redo the Natural Wonders, as they are not a part of AOM. (laziness...)

There are supposed to be two versions of the .til file included in AOM for players to choose to use in their game. Stan has a setup with altered terrain tiles, which I do not like at all (much too gaudy, IMO) - I prefer the default CTP2 terrain.

Comment

• And here is the final setup for unit designation

left column - (units, conscripts, militias, elites)
                          right column - (general, wonder units, barbarian spawn leader, king, great king)
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Here is the main splashscreen...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• To stankarp and to everyone who has worked on this "sequel" to CTP2.

Congratulations on it being completed. Also, thanks to Apolyton for hosting the mod.

If anything can bring CTP2 back to life, it will be this mod and the very hard work that went into it.

I have already dusted off my copy of CTP2 and I am looking forward to playing it.

I always felt that CTP2 had superior gameplay in many respects to other civ-type games. It is nice to see that someone had the dedication to bring this game back to life.

And those new wonder graphics look superb. It seems like just yesterday when the concept of having wonders appear on the map all started with an idea...

Congratulations everyone

Cheers!

Comment

• Looking sweet all over

I'd just like to say a thank you to Maq for allowing me to donnate to this project - he was a real gent about it all( and didnt keep the fiver i offered him for his trouble, choosing to add it to the donnation) - thanxs Maq

Comment

Working...
                                X