Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, actually he was Norwegian.

Or rather, he is seen as Norwegian in Norway and Icelandic On Iceland. His father was from Norway, and emigrated to the Norwegian colony of Iceland and then Greenland(which he discovered and colonized after he was banished from Iceland). We don't know where Leiv was born, but he grew up on Greenland(that could make him Danish ), before he went to Norway, where he became a Christian, got as a job from the Norwegian king to Christianize Greenland and went back. Or rather, tried so. He sailed in the wrong direction and the rest is history.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I've red the old ICELANDIC saga and Leifur was born in iceland... According to that saga. But to say or imply that Leifur was danish is a sin and you know it.
      So his father was a norweigen criminal and his son a hero that found america. Would you call people born in quebeck french if they're born in quebeck (sp?)
      When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

• Heh... Of course I know it's bad to say he was Danish, that's why I said it. But why so angry? As I said, Norwegians always claim he's Norwegian and Icelanders that he's Icelandic. It's no big deal, the Icelanders was made up of Norwegians and "owned" by Norway at the time anyway.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• I know it is quite funny. i just forgot to put the right smilies in... A dane who found anything besides his own pigs... It's a weird feeling...

I don't know about norway but here we like making fun of danes. Do norweigens (sp) call them beans like icelanders?

Comment

• No, in Norway we have our own pet: The Swedes.

Comment

• ok. We like making fun of their special language

Oh inter scandinavian relations are wonderful. Don't you think?

Comment

• Indeed. And of course, the potato-in-the-mouth is a usual joke. It's just that teasing Swedes is more important on our agenda.

Comment

• And in our evil agenda it is bugging Danes. Although when we bug them they remind us of a football game long ago that ended 14-2 for Denmark But the potato-in-the-mouth is a wery common joke here to. And with the Swedes the distinctivly fe-male their language sounds. Or as some jokers say gayish

Comment

• I thought you were all one big country.

Comment

• Thou uneducated fool. Who are thy to mock Scandinavia!!
                      (We're many arrogant little countries)

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                        I thought you were all one big country.
                        That's the EU, Norway and Iceland is not yet members there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ískallin
                          And in our evil agenda it is bugging Danes. Although when we bug them they remind us of a football game long ago that ended 14-2 for Denmark
                          Or another one, not all that long ago that ended 6-1

Asmodean
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Yeah rub it in.
                            Real mature

quote:Originally posted by DrSpike I thought you were all one big country. That's the EU, Norway and Iceland is not yet members there.
                            And hopefully never will be. (it destroys the icelandic agriculture, among other things)
                            Last edited by ískallin; May 11, 2005, 18:20.

Comment

• Message for Solver,

I have replied to your PM but got an error message saying your PM box is full. Same error report I was getting 2 weeks ago when trying to contact Apolyton.

Contact me through the AOM website please.

Comment

• Soooo....

Any news on when AoM will be available for download?

stankarp:

I would also suggest contacting wargamer.com to see if they will host the mod for you. Their database contains thousands of scenarios for all types of wargames:

Latest news and guides for Warhammer 40k, Age of Sigmar, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, board games, TTRPGs, war games, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and more

Comment

Working...
                                X