Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just now been able to send emails to Locutus and Dan that did NOT BOUNCE this time, but no replies as yet.

Comment

• Probably related to the site tweaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggles
        Must be a mistake.

Although I once got banned. No reason was ever given to me.
        No apology...nothing.
        It was four years before I could post again and then it just happened, again no reason.
        You was four year without posting privileges and didn't get the ban lifted for all that time?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by stankarp
          I have just now been able to send emails to Locutus and Dan that did NOT BOUNCE this time, but no replies as yet.
          Sorry, we still can't receive email. I'm surprised to hear it didn't bounce. I'll let you know when we're back in business and if you need to resend anything...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Actually, we can receive email now.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Well, I sure as hell can't

Comment

• Have you got your new password from Markos?

Comment

• I was pretty sure it was a technical issue, so I will wait till Locutus advises to go ahead.

As part of verifying I had everything in the AOM folder to allow people to play the game, I did several fresh installs of CTP2 last Friday and noticed something curious.

Sometimes the userprofile.txt was not created in the CTP folder.

I thought at first it might be because I was using my backup disc of CTP2, but it also happened when I used my genuine original Activision disc as well.

Has anyone noticed this

Comment

• You mean userprofile.txt was not created at all? Weird... every time I've done a clean install, it was created after first running the game.

Comment

• I wondered afterwards if sometimes it did not create the file until it ran the game once.

I did not notice it immediately, but it certainly happened at least once with my original disc.

Comment

• Perhaps you didn't have the rights to write to the CtP2 folder when running the game then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                          Have you got your new password from Markos?
                          Thx, somehow managed to overlook that thread...

You need to actually start a new game of CtP2 (not just load it, but actually start a game and play at least one turn) before userprofile.txt is created.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai

You was four year without posting privileges and didn't get the ban lifted for all that time?
                            Yes. I could not post and any e=mails I sent direct were just ignored.

Never did know what it was all about.
                            " There are no scientific facts, only historical ones and they are all biased."

Comment

• I desert apolyton for a time and when i come back a 400 mb mod sits there begging to be played...

THANKS stankarp!!!
                              It's truly amazing how you spent 4000 hours on doing work that you don't get paid for...

Thanks again stankarp...
                              When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

• oh and the correct ICELANDIC (which was his home country) spelling is: Leifur Eiríksson
                                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Working...
                                X