Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In AOM, at what population points do the borders grow for a city, or is it done another way this time?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• IN Ctp2, borders are standard for cities regardless of size, 4 straight and 3 on the diagonal. What changes is the working radius, starts off as 1 then goes up when city population gets to 9.

"Sounds like you did pretty well, though i'm not a CTP player. If I were i'd probably get it " Snoopy369.

Why not try a real game:-))) AOM at the highest difficulty level is as close to MP in single player that I have seen in any game and I am speaking from experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        Sounds like you did pretty well, though i'm not a CTP player. If I were i'd probably get it
        The point is, this game is a lot different from CtP2, and is good also for people who have not played that.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• so a city gets radius 2 @ pop 9? what about the third, fourth and fifth rings?

Comment

• 2.42 is the best.

Comment

• Size 18 is the next increase in city radius followed by 30 I think.

"2.42 is the best." by TCO.

??

Comment

• AOM is due to ship by Mid April. Time is still available for minor changes to some things.

AOM has many special historical units, made up of WONDER UNITS and HEROES.

The ancient WONDER_UNITS are; HAMMURABI, RAMSES, NEBUCHADNEZZER, ALEXANDER_THE_GREAT, CAESAR.
                The Medieval WONDER_UNITS are; BARBAROSSA*, HERACLIUS, SALADIN*, CHARLEMANGE, MONTEZUMA*, SOLIMAN_THE_MAGNIFICENT*, SUN_TZU* AND WILLIAM_THE_CONQUEROR*.
                Wonder units with a * after their name are limited to the wonders available to the specific governments of the middle ages.

Ancient HEROES ARE;XENOPHON, EPAMINONDAS, HANNIBAL, SCIPIO AFRICANUS, MARIUS AND VERCINGETORIX.
                Medieval HEROES are;BELISARIUS, CHARLES MARTEL, RICHARD THE LIONHEART, BOHEMUND, DE LA VALETTE, ALP ARSLAN AND EL CID.

I would like to include one more Ancient and one more Medieval Hero. If you have some favourites, you can suggest up to two, one a new one and one a replacement for an existing one.

I will start the ball rolling by suggesting LEONIDAS as a new Ancient Hero.

Comment

• 0_o Sun Zi? how abt the Yang family, or any generals... recommend adding either the fourth or sixth son of Yang Ye... i dont know their names... fourth was a hero that got captured and married the foreign princess and became a spy; sixth was the "seven sons will go and six will return" but infact only one returned... the sixth... chinese ordinal numbers are ambigious like that... everyone thought only one would die...

Sunzi... what does he do ingame? prob dont need replacing though
                  Last edited by HuangShang; March 28, 2005, 16:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by stankarp

"2.42 is the best." by TCO.

??
                    2.42 was the final patch for Civ2.

Comment

• I picked up a bargain bin copy of CtP2 awhile back. I might check it out once it is ready.
                      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• What about Cortez as a conquistador?
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I'm particularly partial to a non-western choice, to add some variation. But here's a shortlist of pretty good candidates (from all parts of the world):

Ancient:
                          - Sargon (Assryian)
                          - Suppiluliumas (Hittite)
                          - Tuthmosis III (Egyptian, and would kick Ramses's ass any day of the week )
                          - Cyrus II (Persian)
                          - Leonidas (Greek)
                          - Asoka (Indian)
                          - Shi Huangdi (Chinese)
                          - Varus (Germanic)
                          - Boadicea (Celtic)
                          - Pacal (Mayan)

Medieval:
                          - Sui Wen-ti (Chinese)
                          - Khalid ibn al-Walid (Arabian)
                          - Suryavarman II (Khmer)
                          - Mansa Musa (Malian)
                          - Jan Zizka (Bohemian)
                          - Jeanne d'Arc (French)
                          - Pachacuti (Incan)
                          - El Gran Capitan (Spanish)
                          - Ivan the Terrible (Russian)
                          - Akbar (Indian)

From these lists, Asoka and Mansu Musa would be my absolute favourites, but they're all pretty good...
                          Last edited by Locutus; March 28, 2005, 18:17.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• The readme is available from the AOM site to explain to anyone about Wonder Units and Heroes.

Sun Tzu is a wonder unit for the eastern religious type, comes with forbidden city.

Locutus, you have to narrow it down to 2 for each period and give me a few lines of information for the GL, I agree about Tuthmosis III.

Cortez is already there as a Gunpowder Wonder Unit.

My favourite Empire is Rome, but take out Caesar and Scipio, does not leave many who were winners. Pompey's head ended up in a wicker basket, Crassus also. Germanicus sounds impressive but his achievements were not.

Comment

• Tokugawa Ieyasu...
                              (united Japan in the early 1600s, a culmination of effort that was aggressively pursued by his predecessors, Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi)

...and I'd also echo Locutus about having more non-western leaders.
                              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• Point noted:-)))

Keep the suggestions coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X