No announcement yet.

Why are the Screens Blown Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm experiencing this problem also, but not to the extent that rah is.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Screen 1024x768 and Moz 1.7.2 but no overlap with this thread but I have had this problem occasionally. Those times, I just minimize the side bar.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

It's fine for me now at 1280*1024, but it did go a bit strange on Wednesday night.

Comment

800x600 is where i have a problem.
          When I bump it it's fine, except for the fact that everything is too small. (it sucks getting old)
          800x600 used to not be a problem.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            I'm experiencing the same thing.

Darn annoying.

I was waiting for some one else to complain just in case i had screwed up my browser settings.

Using IE 6.0.2
            use firefox

Comment

IT's not an issue at home. At work we have certain standards that must be maintained.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm using MyIE2 and I had to enlarge the width of the window

BTW: It's true: In Opera, Netscape and Mozilla works fine.
                Last edited by DrGerry; September 10, 2004, 16:01.
                Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  IT's not an issue at home. At work we have certain standards that must be maintained.
                  Change the standard, then
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

WinXP Pro & Opera gives this when not full screen (and I almost never do full screen 'coz I like having "peripheral vision" of other things that are open). I had to shrink it some to fit in the 800 pixel maximum size.

I'm not sure how much padding you've specified, but at least the second line doesn't have to wrap at all. If there's a way to make it wrap at the link boundaries instead of at word boundaries that would look better. Sometimes using [alt][0160] for a "hard space" works.
                    Attached Files
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

There's another thing I just realized... I thought that attached images used to only affect the width of that one post. But now the entire page is affected.

Oh, and   is the proper HTML for a non-breaking space.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Well, of course the page has to be as wide as the contents. With Opera, only the offending post is extended; the rest stay regular width. I had to scroll over to capture this in sections and paste them together (then squish to 800).
                        Attached Files
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I get this a LOT on 800x600 too and there's nothing obvious doing it.
                          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Ah wait, I'm wrong, there IS something obvious doing it, namely a big image. Basically what Mercator said - bring back the variable-width cells!
                            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Ah, at least the hard space or field padding is fixed!

Comment

Whoa! This seems to be a style issue. Even in Opera the entire page would get the same width for me... until I changed to the Default-Special style. Now, only posts with images attached are affected, the rest fits the screen as they should (like in Straybow's screenshot).

So I think this must be a bug, MarkG! Or is there some purpose to this difference?
                                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                                X